Evaluation of the Effects and Consequences of Major Accidents in Industrial Plants, Second Edition, covers the essential aspects of a diverse range of major accidents including fires, explosions and toxic clouds, and provides the key models necessary to calculate their effects and consequences with applications to real incidents. New topics in this up-to-date edition include dust explosions, evaluation of frequencies and probabilities, domino effect, transportation of hazardous materials, and analysis of significant accidents. The new edition of Evaluation of the Effects and Consequences of Major Accidents in Industrial Plants is a valuable resource to engineers from the chemical/petrochemical industry and those working with the transportation of hazardous materials (by road, rail, or pipelines), in addition to engineering companies and academics alike.
- Evaluates the expected/probable occurrence frequency of major accidents
- Describes the main features of fires, explosions and toxic releases
- Includes mathematical modeling of major accidents, evaluation of their effects, and consequences on people and equipment
- Explains how to perform a Quantitative Risk Analysis
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
1. Introduction 2. Source term 3. Fire accidents 4. Vapour cloud explosions 5. BLEVEs and vessel explosions 6. Dust explosions 7. Atmospheric dispersion of toxic or flammable clouds 8. Vulnerability 9. Determination of accident frequencies 10. Domino effect 11. Quantitative risk analysis 12. Transportation of hazardous materials
Joaquim Casal is Professor of chemical engineering at the Polytechnic University of Catalonia. He has 30 years of experience in the field of quantitative risk analysis both in research and in industrial assessment. Professor Casal has analyzed a number of accidents for court, performed risk analysis for chemical companies and developed research (both theoretical and experimental) on major accidents. Professor Casal has published approximately 150 papers and two books in this field.