Corresponding to the chapters in Radiation Protection in Medical Radiography, 8th Edition, this workbook provides a clear, comprehensive review of all the material included in the text. Study tools help enhance your understanding of radiation physics and radiation protection, and practical exercises help them apply their knowledge to the practice setting. With exercises that reflect the latest ARRT and ASRT curriculum guidelines, this comprehensive workbook helps you prepare for ARRT exam success.
2. Radiation: Types, Sources, and Doses Received
3. Interaction of X-Radiation with Matter
4. Radiation Quantities and Units
5. Radiation Monitoring
6. Overview of Cell Biology
7. Molecular and Cellular Radiation Biology
8. Early Tissue Reactions and Their Effects on Organ Systems
9. Stochastic Effects and Late Tissue Reactions of Radiation in Organ Systems
10. Dose Limits for Exposure to Ionizing Radiation
11. Equipment Design for Radiation Protection
12. Management of Patient Radiation Dose During Diagnostic X-Ray Procedures
13. Radiation Safety in Computed Tomography and Mammography
14. Management of Imaging Personnel Radiation Dose During Diagnostic X-Ray Procedures
15. Radioisotopes and Radiation Protection
Visconti, Paula J. Director of Medical Physics, Radiation Safety Officer, Memorial Hospital of Burlington County, Mount Holly, NJ.
Ritenour, E. Russell Professor and Director of Physics Section, Department of Radiology, University of Minnesota School of Medicine, Minneapolis, MN.