"Food & Grocery Retailing in Australia, Market Shares, Summary & Forecasts to 2021" provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to Australian retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing Australian food and grocery retail industry.
The food and grocery market is set to grow by 4.9% CAGR by 2021 to reach A$154bn as the population continues to grow and retailers expand and move online creating even more access for the population. Just under half of the market (54.6%) is in the hands of just two local retailers, Woolworths and Coles, while the rest of the market is more fragmented. German discounter Aldi is number four in the market (after BWS) with a 5.4% share, but is making strong inroads. It will be joined by Lidl’s hypermarket format Kaufland later in 2017 and Amazon is introducing its Amazon Fresh concept both of which will intensify competition.
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics
- The report also details major retailers in Food & Grocery category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories in Food & Grocery sector
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics in Food & Grocery sector
- Australian retail market is forecasted to grow at a CAGR of 4.1% during 2016-2021
- New entrants to intensify the competition
- Private labels are gaining popularity with consumers
- Retailers are using new formats and propositions to drive sales
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge on food and grocery sector in the Australian retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in food and grocery category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the food and grocery market
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the food and grocery market.
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing consumer behavior
- Understand the fastest-growing categories in the market with insights on the performance of individual product categories, across key channels from 2011, with forecasts until 2021
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in Australian retail market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge and identify opportunities to improve your market share.