"Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Australia, Market Shares, Summary and Forecasts to 2021" provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to Australian retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing Australian clothing and footwear industry.
New international entrants to the Australian clothing market have shaken up the sector with greater fashionability, more attractive products with frequent updates ,and lower prices. This has driven down prices across the sector and, because of the increased competition, caused widespread discounting. This has led to several casualties among local operators. That said, the Top Five clothing & footwear retailers are local operators and account for nearly a quarter of the market, with Kmart the market leader. However, H&M is sixth in the Top 10 and along with other new entrants is taking share.
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics
- The report also details major retailers in clothing and footwear category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories in clothing and footwear sector
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics in clothing and footwear sector
- Australian clothing and footwear market is forecasted to grow at a CAGR of 3.4% during 2016-2021
- Clothing & footwear to produce steady, but slowing, growth in forecast period
- International brands increasing competition in the market
- Big retailers to face challenges with Amazon’s expansion
- Fast fashion has become a major influence on spending
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge on clothing and footwear sector in the Australian retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in clothing and footwear category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Understand the fastest growing categories including menswear, womenswear, childrenswear, men’s footwear, women’s footwear and children’s footwear in the market
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the clothing and footwear market
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the clothing and footwear market.