"ForeSights: Digital Detox" explores an emerging behavior as consumers switch off technology in order to seek refuge from the stress of a life online.
While it is accepted that technology is an essential part of daily life, many of today’s consumers are choosing to switch off technology such as smartphones and computers and take a step back from the constant digital engagement they face day in, day out. This emerging backlash creates new opportunities but also challenges for FMCG players, particularly as technology and online platforms are integral to modern brand strategy.
- Negative perceptions of the impact of technology is strongest in Western markets.
- One in 10 consumers globally disagree that the Internet has had a positive impact on their social life.
- Opportunities exist to target consumers with products and campaigns that support tech-free occasions and counter the impact of technology on health.
- Provides an early warning system for emerging trends, threats, and opportunities in fast-moving consumer goods.
- Drives analysis of potential future consumer behavior.
- Generates ideas and inspiration for new product development.