The study covers current and future market trends, drivers, challenges, and key opportunities in US endoscope repair market. It analyzes the market by application areas such as arthroscopy, ENT endoscopy, GI endoscopy, gynecology, laparoscopy, neurology, pulmonary endoscopy, and urology. The analysis covers both rigid and flexible endoscopes and lists the market opportunities by different end-user categories such as hospitals, day care and ambulatory centers, and stand-alone specialized clinics. Market opportunities are analyzed for 2 sets of endoscope repair market participants - original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and independent service organizations (ISOs). It also provides strategic insights for targeted growth opportunities for each set of participants.
The US endoscope repair landscape will see stable pricing levels in the next 5 years, with a mild downward pressure, due to the increasing penetration of ISOs, which are expected to gain market share. However, OEMs will be the dominant participants in terms of both repair volume and value. While the overall endoscope repair market is driven by procedure volume and not as much by repair types and is application-agnostic, GI endoscopy, laparoscopy, and neurology are the target market for flexible endoscopes and are the largest revenue-generating segments. Repair probability is driven by manual cleaning, improper reprocessing using AER, usage frequency, and lifecycle extension. Damage to most endoscopes is driven by improper handling of endoscopes during procedures and not due to regular wear and tear.
The study also covers current and forecast market size, as well as current and forecast ISO and OEM penetration in terms of revenue and repair volumes. It offers analysis of budget trends, key influencers, and decision makers in the repair vendor decisions of care providers. Detailed profiles of some key OEMs are provided, with a focus on their endoscope repair capabilities, with an analyst’s perspective on OEMs’ strategic focus on enhancing their repair capabilities. The study also profiles key ISO endoscope repair vendors in the United States. It offers a matrix, comparing the repair capabilities of key OEMs in terms of indicators such as on-site service support, training and education, technology upgrade programs, repair exchange programs, and virtual support capabilities.
It also offers comparison of key ISOs in the United States in terms of on-site service support, mobile support, training and education, repair exchange programs, and loaner programs offered by them. Key OEM competitors in the market include Olympus, KARL STORZ, Boston Scientific, Stryker, Fujifilm, B. Braun, Pentax, Smith & Nephew, Conmed Corporation, and Richard Wolf. The major ISOs functioning in the United States include Steris IMS, Mobile Instrument Service and Repair Inc., Prezio Health, Fibertech Medical USA, Total Scope Inc., ERS Repair, and Henry Schein, Inc.
Key questions the study will answer include:
- What are the costs of endoscope repair across common damage areas?
- What are the different service models operating in the market? What are the future directions?
- What is the current and forecast market size of the US endoscope repair market in terms of revenue and repair volumes, as well as ISO and OEM penetration rates?
- Which are the aspects of vendor service that are valued the most by care providers? What are the unmet needs?
- What are the key growth opportunities for endoscope repair and maintenance vendors for future growth?
1. Executive Summary
- Key Findings
- Market Segmentation
2. Endoscope Repair Market Overview
- Endoscope Repair-An Expensive Domain
- Endoscope Repair-Common Damage Areas
- Endoscope Repair-In-house Repairs Not Enough
- Endoscope Repair-Cost Management Implications
3. US Endoscopy Devices Market Snapshot
- US Endoscopy Devices Market
- US Endoscopy Devices Market Discussion
- Endoscopy Procedural Analysis
- Endoscopy Infrastructure Analysis
- Endoscopy Infrastructure Analysis-GI Case Study
- Endoscopy Infrastructure-Predominance of Outpatient Procedures and Repair Implications
- Endoscope Technological Innovation
- Endoscopy Equipment Procurement and Budget Trends
4. Business Models and Innovations in Endoscope Repair
- OEMs-The Major Industry Participant in Endoscope Repair
- Emergence of ISOs as Key Competitors to OEM Repair
- ISOs Enhancing their Capabilities
- Endoscope Repair-Business Model Innovations by OEMs
5. US Endoscope Repair Landscape
- Endoscope Repair-Key Trends
- Endoscope Repair-Market Share and Forecast
- ISOs and OEMs Strategic Overview
6. US Endoscope Repair-Pricing and Budget Analysis
- Pricing Analysis by Application Area
- Budgets and Key Decision Makers
- Price Sensitivity among Care Providers
- OEMs Vs ISOs Repair Opportunities by Application Area and Care Setting
- OEM Vs ISO Repair Opportunities by Application Area and Care Setting-Analysis
7. Growth Opportunities and Call to Action
- Growth Opportunities Critical for Strategy
- Growth Opportunity 1-Managed Equipment Services
- Growth Opportunity 2-Integrated Technologies Management
- Growth Opportunity 3-Cross-participant Synergies
- Growth Opportunity 4-Cross-functional Integration
- Growth Opportunity 5-Forward Integration by Incumbent Supply Chain Partners
- Strategic Imperatives for Success and Growth
8. Endoscope Repair Services-Participant Comparison
- Competitor Comparison-OEMs
- Competitor Comparison-ISOs
9. Participant Profiles-OEMs
- Company Dashboard-Olympus Corporation
- Endoscope Repair Focus-Olympus
- Company Dashboard-Boston Scientific
- Endoscope Repair Focus-Boston Scientific
- Company Dashboard-B. Braun Aesculap
- Endoscope Repair Focus-B. Braun Aesculap
- Company Dashboard-Stryker
- Endoscope Repair Focus-Stryker
- Company Dashboard-KARL STORZ
- Endoscope Repair Focus-KARL STORZ
- Company Dashboard-Pentax Medical
- Endoscope Repair Focus-Pentax Medical
- Company Dashboard-Richard Wolf
- Endoscope Repair Focus-Richard Wolf
10. Participant Profiles-ISOs
- Company Dashboard-STERIS IMS
- Endoscope Repair Focus-STERIS IMS
- Company Dashboard-Mobile Instrument Service and Repair Inc.
- Endoscope Repair Focus-Mobile Instrument Service and Repair Inc.
- Company Dashboard-PREZIO Health
- Endoscope Repair Focus-PREZIO Health
- Company Dashboard-Fibertech Medical
- Endoscope Repair Focus-Fibertech Medical
11. The Last Word
- The Last Word-3 Big Predictions
- Legal Disclaimer
- Endoscopy Procedural Figures by Application Area
- Major OEMs and their Repair Capabilities in the United States
- Major ISOs and their Repair Capabilities in the United States
- B. Braun
- Boston Scientific
- Conmed Corporation
- ERS Repair
- Fibertech Medical USA
- Henry Schein
- KARL STORZ
- Mobile Instrument Service and Repair Inc.
- Olympus Corporation
- Pentax Medical
- Prezio Health
- Richard Wolf
- Smith & Nephew
- Total Scope Inc.