The European market for fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) is largely saturated and has limited growth rates. For the most part, growth is only possible by product differentiation and increased product diversity. Packaging design is an important aspect for a product’s performance at the point of sale.
Producers, fillers and retailers want to develop simple and cost-efficient packaging solutions with films that have optimal functionalities. At the same time, the perceived eco-friendliness of packaging is of growing importance.
This report describes trends and provides a market overview on flexible sales packaging in Germany and in Europe and emphasizes the different types of plastic composites.
The report helps decision makers to evaluate industry sectors, trends and development potentials for flexible plastic composite packaging, especially with regards to the substitution of monofilms. By contrasting the German and the European market development you will get a comprehensive overview of regional key differences until 2021.
Benefits of buying this report:
- Cost-effective market data and forecasts on the development of flexible plastics packaging in Germany and Europe, especially focused on plastic composites.
- Strategic decision aid for your business development due to profound market analysis
- Early detection of trends for flexible packaging
- Detailed analysis differentiated by 7 film subclassifications and 22 film types
- Description, quantification and forecast of flexible plastic composites by 15 product categories, which is unique in the industry
- What are the factors for material development?
- How will the product categories evolve?
- Which markets are growing? Which markets are declining?
- What is the market volume in 2016? How will it change until 2021?
- How does the German market for flexible packaging differ from the European market with regards to:
- The structure of plastic film classifications and types
- The market growth of plastic film types
- The packaged product categories
0. Key findings
1.2 Subject matter
2. Drivers of market development until 2021 in Germany and in Europe
2.1 Market factors with implications on flexible plastic packaging - Germany
2.1.1 General economic situation
2.1.2 Socio-demographic factors
2.1.3 Requirements of bottlers, fillers and retailers for flexible plastic packaging
2.1.4 Legal situation with implications on flexible plastic packaging, examples
2.2 Market factors with implications on flexible plastic packaging - Europe
2.2.1 General economic situation
2.2.2 Socio-demographic factors
2.2.3 Requirements of bottlers, fillers and retailers for flexible plastic packaging
2.2.4 Legal regulations with implications on flexible plastic packaging, examples
3. Flexible plastic packing trends - Market survey 2016
3.1 Top industry issues
3.2 Material trends
3.3 Market potential of biopolymers
3.4 Trends by product categories
4. Market analysis Germany
4.1 Development of product categories
4.2 Market volume of flexible plastic packaging 2016
4.3 Market volume of flexible plastic packaging 2021
4.4 Market development of flexible plastic packaging consumption 2016 / 2021
4.4.1 Overall market development by film groups and film types
4.4.2 Market development of flexible plastic packaging by product categories
5. Market analysis Europe
5.1 Development of product categories
5.2 Market volume of flexible plastic packaging 2016
5.3 Market volume of flexible plastic packaging 2021
5.4 Market development of flexible plastic packaging consumption 2016 / 2021
5.4.1 Overall market development by film groups and film types
5.4.2 Market development of flexible plastic packaging by product categories
5.4.3 Country specific particularities
6.1 Data part: results in detail
6.2 List of illustrations
6.3 List of tables
6.4 List of included filling good sectors for each industrial sector
6.5 List of included countries
6.6 List of abbreviations