Insights Briefing: Granola looks at the growing popularity of granola through the prism of new product development, exploring the key factors behind the segment’s success in a declining market.
Supported by the latest insights and data from the author, Insights Briefing: Granola reveals the key ingredients, concepts, product attributes and positioning - from flavour and functional attributes to new textural and sensory benefits - that have revived a moribund segment and enhanced granola's appeal across a broad demographic.
Reasons to Purchase
- What are the trends and opportunities I should be aware of in the granola space?
- What ingredients lie behind granola’s positioning as a ‘better for you’ cereal?
- How has granola aligned itself to modern dietary regimes?
- What opportunities exist for granola outside the breakfast cereal category?
1. About granola; Granola vs muesli
2. Leading ingredients: Key ingredients; Selected ingredients in new launches, granola versus all ready-to eat cereal; Sugar and salt in new launches, granola versus all ready-to eat cereal
3. Functional benefits: targeting fitness enthusiasts; selected claims in new launches, granola versus all ready-to-eat cereal
4. Fruit and vegetable ingredients: coconut foregrounded in new launches; vegetables create 'nourishing' alternatives
5. The benefit of texture: 'smooth' and 'crunchy' combinations add sensory appeal; granola enters the hot cereal segment
6. Breaking free from breakfast: exploring opportunities in soup, desserts and snacks
Appendix: References; About; Related Research; Scope & Methodology