- An overview of the global markets for haptic technology and applications.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2016, estimates for 2017, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2022.
- Focused evaluations and breakdowns of the following components associated with haptic technology: sensors, drivers, and actuators.
- Examination of the market's dynamics including drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
- Information on haptic technology components in the following end-use applications: automotive; consumer electronics and gaming; education; government, defense, surveillance, and aerospace; healthcare; industrial and automotive applications; mobile and portable devices; and sports.
- Profiles of major players in the field.
This report presents the market forecasts for haptic actuators and drivers for 2015 through 2022 by value, and shipment forecasts for device-embedded haptic actuators and drivers for 2015 through 2022 by volume.
Sales values are presented in millions of U.S. dollars, while shipment volumes are presented in millions of units.
All forecasts are further broken down by haptic actuation technology, end-use application and geographical region.
This Report Covers the Following Haptic Actuation Technologies:
- Eccentric rotating mass (ERM).
- Linear resonant actuator (LRA).
- Electroactive polymer (EAP).
- Others, including fluid, electric-field, ultrasonic, and acoustic wave-based.
A Breakdown by End-Use Applications Includes:
- Automotive and transportation.
- Consumer electronics and residential applications.
- Government and defense.
- Industry, energy and outdoors.
- Mobile computing and portable devices.
The Regional Breakdown Focuses on the Following Geographical Areas:
- The Americas.
- Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA).
- Asia-Pacific (APAC).
The Summary and Highlights chapter provides a snapshot of the haptic actuator market, broken down by end-use applications. The chapter unravels the taxonomy of the report with reference to quantitative and qualitative analyses.
The Market and Technology Background chapter expounds on the technology underpinning haptic actuators and drivers. It provides a closer look at the market size for haptic actuators and drivers. The chapter also covers a detailed analysis of the prospects of individual actuator technologies.
The Market Breakdown by End-use Application chapter delves into individual end-use application markets for haptic actuators and drivers. Each end-use application is broken down along actuator technologies as well as geographical regions.
The Patent Review / New Developments chapter covers innovations that impact haptic technologies. Patents are categorized in terms of end-use applications and technology as well on the basis of allocation by year, assignee countries and assignee organizations.
The Company Profiles chapter provides insight into offerings, initiatives, analysis and prospects of key companies associated with haptic actuators and drivers and devices based on haptic technology.
- Study Goals and Objectives
- Reasons for Doing the Study
- Scope of the Report
- Intended Audience
- Information Sources
- Geographic Breakdown
2: Summary and Highlights
- Table Summary : Global Haptic Technology Actuator Market, by End-use Application, Through 2022
- Figure Summary : Global Haptic Technology Actuator Market, by End-use Application, 2016-2022
3: Haptic Technologies and Market Overview
- Definition of Haptics
- Applications of Haptics
- Actuators and Drivers
- Geographical Regions
- In Depth-Actuation Technologies
4: Market Breakdown by End-use Application
- Automotive and Transportation
- Consumer Electronics, Entertainment and Computing
- Government and Defense
- Industry, Energy and Outdoors
- Mobile Computing and Portable Devices
5: Patent Review/New Developments
- Patent Categories
- Trends by Year
- Trends by Country
- Trends by Assignee
6: End Users
- ERM/LRA Component Makers
- Piezoelectric Actuator Experts
- EAP Specialists
- Niche Actuation Technology Developers
- Display, Touch Screen and Input Interface Manufacturers
- Semiconductor Device Makers
- IP Owners
- Key Company Profiles
Shalini Ramamurthy has extensive experience analyzing and evaluating advanced information technology including telecommunications and optical networks. She holds a Bachelor of Engineering degree in Electronics and Telecommunications from Kumaraguru College of Technology in Coimbatore, India, as well as a Master of Science degree in Telecommunications and Software Engineering from the Illinois Institute of Technology in Chicago.