- An overview of the global market for connected medical device technologies.
- Analyses of global market trends with data from 2015 and 2016, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2021.
- Discussion of underlying technologies driven by the connected medical device trend.
- An in-depth analysis of CMD technologies by type: specifically connected medical device sensors, platforms and processors.
- Information on the changing regulatory landscape and competitive dynamics, including critical success factors, such as research and development capability, installed base, branding and ecosystem influence, and partnerships.
- Profiles of major players in the industry.
This report covers the global market for connected medical devices and a regional analysis of North America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East and Africa and Asia-Pacific. Component segments include sensors (temperature, position, pressure, flow, level and other), platforms (connectivity, data application integration, device management) and processors. Other technologies such as chemical, force, image, SQUID, biosensors and spintronics are discussed qualitatively. The market for embedded microprocessors and microcontrollers is also sized and analyzed.
- Study Goals and Objectives
- Reasons for Doing This Study
- Scope of Report
- Information Sources
- Geographic Breakdown
2: Summary and Highlights
- Table Summary : Global Market for Connected Medical Device Technologies, by Type, Through 2021
- Figure Summary : Global Market for Connected Medical Device Technologies, by Type, 2015-2021
3: Market and Technology Background
- Origin of Connected Medical Devices
- Connected Medical Device Types
- Regulatory Environment
4: Market Breakdown by Technology Type
- Sensors for Medical Devices
- Role of Sensors in Connected Medical Devices
- Growth Drivers
- Types of Sensors
- Sensor Requirements of OEMs
- Connected Medical Device Platforms
- Figure 1 : Basic Elements of Connected Medical Device Architecture
5: Market Breakdown by End Use
- Consumer/Patient Monitoring
- Wearable Devices
- Internally Embedded Devices
- Stationary Devices
- Table 5 : Global Market for Connected Medical Devices, by End Use, Through 2021
- Figure 5 : Global Market for Connected Medical Devices, by End Use, 2015-2021
6: Market Breakdown by Application
- The Rise of Connected Healthcare
7: Market Breakdown by Region
- Connected Devices - The Next Frontier
- North America
- Rest of World
8: Patent Review/New Developments
- United States Patents
9: Analysis of Market Opportunities
- Incentive Models
- Supplier Models
10: End Users
11: Appendix: Medical Device Patent Holders
- Table 19 : Organizations with 50 or More Patents Granted, by the Year of Patent Grant and/or the Year of Patent Application Filing Granted, Jan. 1, 1996 to Dec. 31, 2015
Michael Sullivan is currently a Senior Editor for Information Technology He is also an IT industry analyst with more than 20 years of experience investigating, studying and reporting on information technology development and applications. Previous reports include coverage of mobile technologies, voice recognition systems, content delivery networks and zero net energy buildings.