Asia-Pacific is the third-largest region in the global dairy & soy food sector, accounting for a value share of 26.2% in 2017, and is forecast to grow at the fastest pace, registering a CAGR of 4.4% over 2017-2022. Milk is the largest category in the Asia-Pacific dairy & soy food sector, followed by drinkable yogurt and cheese. China is the largest and fastest-growing market in value terms.Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the largest distribution channel in the Asia-Pacific dairy & soy food sector followed by convenience stores and food & drinks specialists.
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the region's dairy & soy food sector. It includes market overview, high growth country analysis, top brands, key distribution channels, packaging formats and case studies.
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the Asia-Pacific dairy & soy food sector. It includes analysis on the following -
- Market overview: Includes sector size, market size, and growth analysis by markets.
- Change in consumption: Provides a shift in the consumption of dairy & soy foods by categories across different countries in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Country analysis: Provides risk-reward analysis of four countries in the Asia-Pacific region based on market assessment, economic development, socio-demographic, governance indicators, and technological infrastructure.
- Health & Wellness analysis: Provides insights on the health & wellness products in terms of value and percentage share in the overall dairy & soy food sector during 2012-2022. The analysis includes key health & wellness attributes and consumer benefits driving the sales of dairy & soy foods in 2017. It also covers the market share of leading companies offering dairy & soy foods with health and wellness attributes in the same year.
- Brand Analysis: Provides an overview of leading brands in the Asia-Pacific region, besides analyzing the growth of private label in the region.
- Key distribution channels: Provides analysis on the leading distribution channels in the Asia-Pacific dairy & soy food sector in 2017. It covers six distribution channels along with on-trade sales. The distribution channels include hypermarkets & supermarkets, convenience stores, food & drinks specialists, e-retailers and cash & carries and warehouse clubs. Others include “dollar stores”, variety stores & general merchandise retailers, department stores, vending machines, and other retailers.
- Preferred packaging formats: The report provides percentage share (in 2017) and growth analysis (during 2012-2022) for various packaging materials, container, closure, and outer types based on the volume sales (by pack units) of dairy & soy food.
- Manufacturing and retailers seek latest information on how the market is evolving to formulate their sales and marketing strategies. There is also demand for authentic market data with a high level of detail. This report has been created to provide its readers with up-to-date information and analysis to uncover emerging opportunities of growth within the sector in the region.
- The report provides a detailed analysis of the countries in the region, covering the key challenges, competitive landscape and demographic analysis , that can help companies gain insight into the country specific nuances
- The analysts have also placed a significant emphasis on the key trends that drive consumer choice and the future opportunities that can be explored in the region, than can help companies in revenue expansion
- To gain competitive intelligence about leading brands in the sector in the region with information about their market share and growth rates.
1. Executive summary
2. Market size and growth analysis (Regional analysis )
Market Size Analysis - Asia-Pacific compared to other regions
Growth Analysis by Region
Growth Analysis by Country
Growth Analysis by Category
3. Growth potential by countries in Asia-Pacific
Risk and reward analysis - Opportunity scores
4. Market size and growth analysis
Overview - Value and volume growth analysis by country
Growth Contribution Analysis by Country
Share of Dairy & Soy Food compared to other Food sectors
Change in consumption levels by country within Dairy & Soy Food sector
Per capita consumption and expenditure analysis
5. Country profiles
6. Success stories
Dairy & soy food in Asia-Pacific: case studies
7. Company and brand analysis
Brand Share Analysis in the Dairy & Soy Food sector
Leading companies in the Asia-Pacific confectionery sector
Leading brands in Asia-Pacific Dairy & Soy Food sector
Private label penetration in the Dairy & Soy Food sector
8. Health & wellness analysis
Health & Wellness Analysis - Overview
Health & Wellness market growth analysis by country
Health & Wellness Analysis - Key product attributes and consumer benefits
Leading Health & Wellness companies by market share
9. Key distribution channels
Leading Distribution channels by countries
Leading Distribution channels by markets
10. Key packaging formats
Growth analysis by key pack material and pack type
Growth analysis by closure type and primary outer type
11. Challenges and future outlook
List of Tables
Regional comparison: Market size, growth, and per capita analysis, 2017-2022
Identifying high-potential countries - Risk, reward and opportunity analysis
High-potential countries in Asia-Pacific - Overview
Value share of Dairy & Soy Food sector as a proportion of overall food by country
Change in consumption by category within Dairy & Soy Food sector (value terms), 2017-2022
Per Capita Consumption in Asia-Pacific and high-potential countries, 2017
Per Capita Expenditure in Asia-Pacific and high-potential countries, 2017
China Dairy & Soy Food - Overview, % value share by market, 2017
Indonesia Dairy & Soy Food - Overview % value share by market, 2017
Philippines Dairy & Soy Food - Overview % value share by market, 2017
Australia Dairy & Soy Food - Overview % value share by market, 2017
Leading brands in the Asia-Pacific Dairy & Soy Food sector and Markets by value, 2017
Leading companies in the Asia-Pacific Dairy & Soy Food sector by value sales (US$ million), 2017
Leading Brands (including Private label) in the Asia-Pacific Dairy & Soy Food sector by value sales (US$ million), 2017
Private Label penetration in the Dairy & Soy Food sector
Health & Wellness value and its share in overall sales, 2012-2022
Share of product attributes and consumer benefits in high-potential countries Asia-Pacific , 2017
Leading Health & Wellness companies with market share by Dairy & Soy Food markets, 2017
Leading Distribution Channels in the Asia-Pacific region by countries, 2017
Leading Distribution Channels in the Asia-Pacific region by markets, 2017
List of Figures
Annual value growth analysis by region, 2017-2022
Annual volume growth analysis by region, 2017-2022
Value and volume growth analysis by country, 2017-2022
Value and volume growth analysis by category, 2017-2022
Country level contribution to the growth by Categories in the Asia-Pacific region, 2017-2022
China Dairy & Soy Food - Demographic Analysis
Indonesia Dairy & Soy Food - Demographic Analysis
Philippines Dairy & Soy Food - Demographic Analysis
Australia Dairy & Soy Food - Demographic Analysis
Country-level contribution to the growth of H&W Market in the Asia-Pacific region, 2017-2022
Key packaging material volume (units) share, 2017
Unit volume growth by packaging material, 2012-2022
Key pack type volume (units) share, 2017
Unit volume growth by pack type, 2012-2022
Key closure type volume (units) share, 2017
Unit volume growth by closure type, 2012-2022
Key primary outer type volume (units) share, 2017
Unit volume growth by primary outer type, 2012-2022
- Inner Mongolia Mengniu Dairy Industry Co Ltd
- Yili Group
- Want Want China Holdings Limited
- Meiji Holdings Co Ltd
- Nestle SA
- Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation Ltd. (GCMMF)
- Royal FrieslandCampina N.V.
- Yakult Honsh