'The International Medical Travel Journal (IMTJ)' provides an online resource and e-newsletter to keep the industry informed about the latest trends and developments in the sector. Each year, IMTJ “takes the temperature” of this nascent industry through the Medical Tourism Climate Survey. The survey is undertaken in cooperation with the International Medical Travel Exhibition and Conference (IMTEC 2016) run by Informa Life Sciences.
The Medical Tourism Climate Survey 2016 examines current activities, market and business growth, current challenges and opportunities in the medical tourism sector. The research was funded by International Medical Travel Journal and was conducted online using the SurveyMonkey system. The 2016 survey was conducted in August to September 2016, and attracted 167 participants, representing organisations in 27 different countries. Two databases were used to attract participants for the 2016 Medical Tourism Climate Survey: An in-house IMTJ database containing information on hospitals, clinics, agencies and other organisations involved in the medical travel sector, publishers of International Medical Travel Journal. The email distribution list maintained by Informa which is used to promote the International Medical Travel Exhibition and Conference (IMTEC 2016).
2. Methodology - Sample bias
3. About the respondents and their organisation
4. The current international patient market
5. The international patient market in the future
6. Impact of political changes
7. International research panel
8. Services offered by providers
9. The medical tourism business of the providers
10. Marketing to medical tourists
11. Appendix - Results in detail
12. Appendix - Email invitation
13. About the Publisher