The Bakery & Cereals sector in China is driven by growing economy coupled with rising employment rate, and increasing demand for convenience food options in the country. Of the eleven markets, ‘Cakes, Pastries & Sweet Pies’ is the largest in both value and volume terms, while the Energy Bars market is forecast to register the fastest growth during 2016-2021. Food & Drinks Specialists is the leading channel for the distribution of bakery and cereals in the country. Flexible Packaging is the most commonly used packaging material in the sector, while Rigid Metal is forecast to register the fastest growth during 2016-2021. Mondelez International, Inc, Orion Confectionery, Ltd. and Want Want China Holdings Limited are the leading market players in the Chinese Bakery & Cereals sector.
The author’s Country Profile report on the Bakery & Cereals sector in China provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2011-2021
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Baking Ingredients, Baking Mixes, Breads & Rolls, Breakfast Cereals, Cakes, Pastries & Sweet Pies, Cereal Bars, Cookies (Sweet Biscuits), Dough Products, Energy Bars, Morning Goods and Savory Biscuits with inputs on individual category share within each market and the change in their market share forecast for 2016-2021
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2011-2016
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each market through distribution channels such as Cash & Carries and warehouse Clubs, Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food & Drinks Specialists, eRetailers and others
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each market, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Glass, Flexible Packaging, Paper & Board, Rigid Plastics, and others; container data for: Jar, Bottle, Bag/Sachet, Tub, Box, Pouch, and Tube.
- The Bakery & Cereals sector in China accounted for 31.9% volume share in Asia-Pacific.
- Cakes, Pastries & Sweet Pies is the largest market, in value and volume terms, in the Chinese Bakery & Cereals sector.
- Food & Drinks Specialists is the leading distribution channel in the Chinese Bakery & Cereals sector.
- The top five brands in the Chinese Bakery & Cereals sector accounted for 6% value share, in 2016.
- Flexible Packaging is the most commonly used packaging material in the Chinese Bakery & Cereals sector with a share of 53.3% in 2016.
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Manufacturers can identify the opportunities to position products with H&W attributes/benefits
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Bakery & Cereals products consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as GDP per capita, population (overall and breakdown by age), and consumer price index. It also covers a comparative analysis of political, economic, socio-demographic, and technological indicators (PEST) across 50 countries.
3.China in the global and regional context
3.1. China’s share in the Global and Asia-Pacific Bakery & Cereals sector
3.2. China compared to other leading countries in Asia-Pacific
4.Market size analysis - Bakery & Cereals sector
4.1. Value and volume analysis - Bakery & Cereals sector in China
4.2. Per capita consumption - China compared to Asia-Pacific and globally
4.3. Extent to which consumers are trading up/down
4.4. Value and volume analysis of markets in the Bakery & Cereals sector
4.5. Growth analysis by markets
5.Market and category analysis
5.1. Per capita consumption analysis by markets
5.2. Market analysis: Baking Ingredients
5.3. Market analysis: Baking Mixes
5.4. Market analysis: Bread & Rolls
5.5. Market analysis: Breakfast Cereals
5.6. Market analysis: Cakes Pastries & Sweet Pies
5.7. Market analysis: Cereal Bars
5.8. Market analysis: Cookies (Sweet Biscuits)
5.9. Market analysis: Dough Products
5.10. Market analysis: Energy Bars
5.11. Market analysis: Morning Goods
5.12. Market analysis: Savory Biscuits
6.1. Distribution channel share analysis: Bakery & Cereals
6.2. Distribution channel share analysis: Baking Ingredients
6.3. Distribution channel share analysis: Baking Mixes
6.4. Distribution channel share analysis: Bread & Rolls
6.5. Distribution channel share analysis: Breakfast Cereals
6.6. Distribution channel share analysis: Cakes, Pastries & Sweet Pies
6.7. Distribution channel share analysis: Cereals Bars
6.8. Distribution channel share analysis: Cookies (Sweet Biscuits)
6.9. Distribution channel share analysis: Dough Products
6.10. Distribution channel share analysis: Energy Bars
6.11. Distribution channel share analysis: Morning Goods
6.12. Distribution channel share analysis: Savory Biscuits
7.1. Brand share analysis by sector
7.2. Brand share analysis by markets
7.3. Brand share analysis by category
7.3.1. Baking Ingredients
7.3.2. Baking Mixes
7.3.3. Breakfast Cereals
7.3.4. Cereal Bars
7.3.5. Savory Biscuits
7.4. Private label share analysis
8.Health & Wellness analysis
8.1. Market size analysis by Health & Wellness claims
8.2. Market share analysis - Health & Wellness product attributes
8.3. Market size analysis - Health & Wellness consumer benefits
8.4. Leading companies in Chinese Health & Wellness market
9.1. Packaging share and growth analysis by packaging material
9.2. Packaging share analysis by packaging material
9.3. Packaging share and growth analysis by container type
9.4. Packaging share analysis by container type
9.5. Packaging share and growth analysis by closure type
9.6. Packaging share analysis by closure type
9.7. Packaging share and growth analysis by outer type
9.8. Packaging share analysis by outer type
10.1. GDP per capita
10.2. Population and population growth
10.3. Consumer Price Index
10.4. Population breakdown by age
11.1. Consumption by Gender
11.2. Consumption by Age
11.3. Consumption by Education
11.4. Consumption by Urbanization
- Mondelez International Inc
- Orion Confectionery Co Ltd.
- Want Want China Holdings Limited
- General Mills Inc.
- The Garden Company Limited
- Guangdong Jiashili Food Group Co. Ltd.
- Nutrexpa S.L.
- Tingyi (Cayman Islands) Holding Corporation