US economy is predicted to grow at a satisfactory rate even in the midst of political upheaval and uncertainties burgeoning around the new administration in 2017. Moreover, the growing reliance of industries on technology for achieving revenue growth and performance is further increasing the scope for technology companies, catering especially to the healthcare and insurance sectors which are reporting the largest ICT investments as per our survey.
The US economy is sluggish and has lost further momentum at the start Q2 2017, with a slowdown in hiring. Moreover, the promises of a pro-business environment have not converted into stronger spending either by households or the private sector. Furthermore, the survey illustrates that hardware investments is a key area for US enterprises, with allocations focused on security and network & communications equipment, in an effort to secure networks and protect enterprise data. Similarly, enterprises are making significant investments in software to cater to the digital-savvy consumers, and are keen to deploy disruptive solutions to ensure a more consumer-centric focus.
Likewise, the prolific use of smartphones and mobile devices in the country is signaling major opportunities for telecom operators, with enterprises increasing their investments in network and conferencing services, broadband, and fixed voice, among others to improve collaboration, while at the same time looking to tap into Internet of Things (IoT) capabilities to get real-time data and improve operations.
The report "ICT Investment Trends in the US" illustrates the core technologies that enterprises are investing in, including IoT, cloud computing, security products, and business intelligence. The survey also highlights the approach to purchasing technology adopted by enterprises in the US.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following:
- How ICT budgets are set to change in 2017 in terms of their overall size.
- Allocation across the core elements of IT spend, including hardware, software, services, communications, and consulting.
- Distribution of ICT money in areas such as the networks, applications, service desk, and data centers.
- Which ICT functions US enterprises are interested in outsourcing.
- US enterprises’ investment priorities based on their budget allocations across core technology categories such as IoT, cloud computing, security products, and business intelligence.
- Factors that are influencing US enterprises’ investments in each technology category.
- How US enterprises’ IT budgets are currently allocated across various segments within a technology category.
- US enterprises’ distribution of their ICT budget across various segments within a technology category.
- Vendor satisfaction ratings for various core and advanced technology categories.
- Insight into US enterprises’ preferred buying approaches.
- Business objectives that US enterprises are looking to achieve through their IT investment strategies.
- Factors that are influencing US enterprises’ decisions to select an ICT provider.
- Enterprises are looking to increase their total ICT budget in 2017, indicating enterprises’ objectives to manage their security and privacy needs and enhance their digital capabilities.
- US enterprises are currently embracing cloud solutions to achieve greater operational efficiencies and reduce their capital expenditure on in-house hardware and software platforms.
- Top level management is taking primary decisions related to the purchase of network and security platforms, a key indicator of the emphasis enterprises are putting on securing endpoints.
- Understand how the US enterprises ICT landscape is set to change in 2017 to prioritize your target market
- Comprehend how ICT money are being allocated by US enterprises in specific geographies and size bands to improve your market penetration
- Make effective business decisions by recognizing the opportunities within each of the core areas of ICT spend (hardware, software, IT services, telecommunications, and consulting)
- Realign your sales initiatives by understanding the current strategic objectives of US enterprises
- Enhance your market segmentation with the included, detailed breakdown of opportunities within selected technology categories (IoT, cloud computing, security products, and business intelligence)
- Prioritize your focus areas by understanding which factors are influencing US enterprises’ decisions when selecting an ICT provider
- Understand the changes in customers’ priorities and identify the business objectives that US enterprises are looking to achieve through their ICT investment strategies
ICT budget changes
ICT budget allocation by core technology area
Hardware budget breakdown
Software budget breakdown
Third-party IT services expenditure
Cloud computing budget
ICT budget allocation by function
Outsourced IT functions
ICT investment priorities and vendor satisfaction
Internet of Things (IoT)
Business objectives influencing IT investment strategy
ICT provider selection
Key decision makers for purchasing technology