"Guinea-Bissau: 4G Launch and Value-Added Services to Support Mobile Data Growth", a new Country Intelligence Report, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Guinea-Bissau today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2022. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband and mobile sectors, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
The telecom services revenue in Guinea-Bissau is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 3.4% during 2017-2022, driven mainly by the mobile segment, as operators increase their focus on expanding network coverage and on improving quality of service to foster mobile services penetration of the population and mobile data services adoption.
Going forward, operators should continue to focus on network investments and upgrades, particularly expanding 3G and 4G networks in order to seize opportunities arising from growth in the mobile data segment. Operators’ mobile network expansion and the government’s ICT infrastructure development plans will present significant opportunities for vendors and investors.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Regional context: telecom market size and trends in Guinea-Bissau compared with other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Guinea-Bissau.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to numbering plans, national broadband plans and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and mobile data.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed and mobile sectors and between voice and data from 2017 to 2022.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and mobile data: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Guinea-Bissau's telecommunications market.
- Overall telecom service revenue in Guinea-Bissau is estimated to generate $68.7m in 2017 and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 3.4% during 2017-2022, mainly driven by the mobile data segment.
- Operators are focusing on modernizing the existing networks and new service offerings such as value-added services to increase revenue.
- Mobile revenue will account for 97.2% of total telecom revenue in 2022; mobile data will be the fastest-growing segment over 2017-2022.
- The Guinea-Bissau telecom market will be dominated by MTN Bissau and Orange Bissau. Operators will focus on offering VAS and improving network infrastructure to improve their market position.
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Guinea-Bissau's telecommunication market, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Guinea-Bissau's mobile communications, fixed telephony and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Guinea-Bissau's telecommunications market.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Guinea-Bissau.
Market and competitor overview
Economic, demographic and political context
Major market players
Opportunities in the market
About the authors
Country Intelligence Report coverage