Despite the two-year long recession that lingered into 2016 and caused huge unemployment in the recent past, and political scandals that still continue to challenge the fragile economic recovery of the country, Brazil displays a promising ground for future investments and economic upturn.
Brazilian enterprises allocated a major proportion of their average hardware budget to network and communications equipment in 2016, in order to increase collaborations between various stakeholders and partners, while at the same safeguarding networks and endpoints from cyber threats. Additionally, enterprises are allocating a major proportion of their IT services budget to application services to boost their security and performance needs.
With respect to cloud adoption, Brazilian enterprises are expressing a keen preference for software as a service (SaaS) solutions, which is currently witnessing the highest demand among customers and users in terms of cloud usage. On the other hand, the Brazilian government is making several efforts to boost its IoT capabilities, and promoting research to realize opportunities within the country, providing new opportunities for IoT vendors targeting the Brazilian enterprise market.
The report "ICT Investment Trends in Brazil" illustrates the core technologies that enterprises are investing in, including IoT, cloud computing, security products, and network services. The survey also highlights the approach to purchasing technology adopted by enterprises in Brazil.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following:
- How ICT budgets are set to change in 2017 in terms of their overall size.
- Allocation across the core elements of IT spend, including hardware, software, services, communications, and consulting.
- Distribution of ICT money in areas such as the networks, applications, service desk, and data centers.
- Which ICT functions Brazilian enterprises are interested in outsourcing?
- Brazilian enterprises’ investment priorities based on their budget allocations across core technology categories such as IoT, cloud computing, security products, and network services.
- Factors that are influencing Brazilian enterprises’ investments in each technology category.
- How Brazilian enterprises’ IT budgets are currently allocated across various segments within a technology category.
- Brazilian enterprises’ distribution of their ICT budget across various segments within a technology category.
- Vendor satisfaction ratings for various core and advanced technology categories.
- Insight into Brazilian enterprises’ preferred buying approaches.
- Business objectives that Brazilian enterprises are looking to achieve through their IT investment strategies.
- Factors that are influencing Brazilian enterprises’ decisions to select an ICT provider.
- Brazilian enterprises are allocating a major proportion of their IT services budget to enterprise applications in order to bolster the security and performance needs of enterprises.
- IoT deployments in Brazil are still at a nascent stage, thereby opening new opportunities for ICT vendors across sectors, such as agribusiness where enterprises are testing drones to collect and analyze crop data.
- With cloud becoming mainstream among enterprises, various IT providers such as Microsoft, IBM, Verizon, and Oracle are planning to set up data center facilities in Brazil to support enterprises’ cloud computing needs and increase their penetration rate in the growing market.
- Understand how the Brazilian enterprises ICT landscape is set to change in 2017 to prioritize your target market
- Comprehend how ICT money are being allocated by Brazilian enterprises in specific geographies and size bands to improve your market penetration
- Make effective business decisions by recognizing the opportunities within each of the core areas of ICT spend (hardware, software, IT services, telecommunications, and consulting)
- Realign your sales initiatives by understanding the current strategic objectives of Brazilian enterprises
- Enhance your market segmentation with the included, detailed breakdown of opportunities within selected technology categories (IoT, cloud computing, security products, and network services)
- Prioritize your focus areas by understanding which factors are influencing Brazilian enterprises’ decisions when selecting an ICT provider
- Understand the changes in customers’ priorities and identify the business objectives that Brazilian enterprises are looking to achieve through their ICT investment strategies
Key implications for ICT vendors
ICT budget changes
ICT budget allocation by core technology area
Hardware budget breakdown
Software budget breakdown
Third party IT services expenditure
Cloud computing budget
ICT budget allocation by function
Outsourced IT functions
ICT investment priorities and vendor satisfaction
Internet of Things (IoT)
Business objectives influencing IT investment strategy
ICT provider selection
Key decision makers for purchasing technology