Russian enterprises are placing significant emphasis on investments in core technologies, such as hardware, software, and communications, in order to stay competitive and improve their workflow processes. With an annual ICT budget of 15%, Russian enterprises are planning to allocate a similar proportion of their total ICT budgets to communications in both 2016 and 2017.
Among the various cloud computing solutions, Russian enterprises are making the largest investment in SaaS. Furthermore, public cloud is the most popular mode of cloud computing implementation among Russian enterprises. With regards to technology priorities, Russian enterprises are keen to invest in enterprise applications, business intelligence (BI), IoT, and cloud computing as the highest percentage of respondents is planning to spend on these domains in the coming two years.
Russia has long been battling recession since the fall out with Ukraine and tumbling oil prices. However, with the help of multiple agreements with China, Japan, and the European Union, the Russian economy is gradually improving.
The report "ICT Investment Trends in Russia" illustrates the core technologies that enterprises are investing in, including enterprise application, business intelligence, IoT, and cloud computing. The survey also highlights the approach to purchasing technology adopted by enterprises in Russia. Through our survey, the report aims to provide a better insight to ICT vendors and service providers when pitching their solutions to enterprises in Russia.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following:
- How ICT budgets are set to change in 2017 in terms of their overall size.
- Allocation across the core elements of IT spend, including hardware, software, services, communications, and consulting.
- Distribution of ICT money in areas such as the networks, applications, service desk, and data centers.
- Which ICT functions Russian enterprises are interested in outsourcing.
- Russian enterprises’ investment priorities based on their budget allocations across core technology categories such as enterprise applications, business intelligence, IoT, cloud computing.
- Factors that are influencing Russian enterprises’ investments in each technology category.
- How Russian enterprises’ IT budgets are currently allocated across various segments within a technology category.
- Russian enterprises’ distribution of their ICT budget across various segments within a technology category.
- Vendor satisfaction ratings for various core and advanced technology categories.
- Insight into Russian enterprises’ preferred buying approaches.
- Business objectives that Russian enterprises are looking to achieve through their IT investment strategies.
- Factors that are influencing Russian enterprises’ decisions to select an ICT provider.
- Enterprises are planning to increase their total ICT budget in 2017 as the gradual strengthening of trade and influx of foreign investments is leading to the technology transformation in Russia
- The survey finds that enterprises are planning to allocate significant proportion of their cloud computing budget to software as a service (SaaS) in 2017, whilst investing considerable proportion to infrastructure as a service (IaaS) in 2017
- The need to increase customer satisfaction is the primary business objective influencing Russian enterprises’ IT investments. Vendors that display their financial stability will also be considered favorably by enterprises in this market
- Understand how the Russian enterprise ICT landscape is set to change in 2017 to prioritize your target market
- Comprehend how ICT money are being allocated by Russian enterprises in specific verticals and size bands to improve your market penetration
- Make effective business decisions by recognizing the opportunities within each of the core areas of ICT spend (hardware, software, IT services, telecommunications, and consulting)
- Realign your sales initiatives by understanding the current strategic objectives of Russian enterprises
- Enhance your market segmentation with the included, detailed breakdown of opportunities within selected technology categories (enterprise applications, business intelligence, IoT, and cloud computing)
- Prioritize your focus areas by understanding which factors are influencing Russian enterprises’ decisions when selecting an ICT provider
- Understand the changes in customers’ priorities and identify the business objectives that Russian enterprises are looking to achieve through their ICT investment strategies
Key implications for vendors
ICT budget changes
ICT budget allocation by core technology area
Hardware budget breakdown
Software budget breakdown
Third party IT services expenditure
Cloud computing budget
ICT budget allocation by function
Outsourced IT functions
ICT investment priorities and vendor satisfaction
Internet of Things (IoT)
Business objectives influencing IT investment strategy
ICT provider selection
Key decision makers for purchasing technology