In an increasingly globalized and freely-trading world economy, the number of economically-important cities across the globe is growing rapidly. As developing regions continue to experience rapid and unsustainable economic growth the makeup of the global marketplace, and the relative importance of different regions, is changing constantly.
- In the past Italy's economy has growth fairly strongly, however it was hit quite hard by the recesion in 2009-08 and since then has struggled to recover. The GDP of its top cities has generally declined since 2008.
- While all Italian cities are expected to grow, the growth is insignificant and Genoa is the fastest with less than 1% growth forecast. The country was hit hard by the recession in 2008-09 and has struggled since.
- Italy's population growth has been low historically and is expected to decline further. The country is facing a considerable aging population problem with multiple cities expected to find populations declining in the future.
- Identifies the largest cities in a particular region by GDP.
- Assesses their importance to the region in question in comparison to the rest of the major cities.
- Provides an overview of various demographic indicators to assess the health of a city.
- Provides a surface-level understanding of a particular region, its composition and what drives it.
- Allows businesses to identify potential target markets and demographics in order to drive successful business.
- How has the economy in the region developed in recent years?
- How is it expected to develop in the future?
- What are the largest cities in the region?
- What is the population and population structure of each of the top cities?
- How healthy is the employment market in each city and what drives growth?
- What is the average household income and expenditure in each city?
- What is the educational structure of the population of each city?
Italy Country Economic Overview
Italy Top 20 Cities Economic Overview
Italy Top 20 Cities Demographics
Italy Top 20 Cities Unemployment
Italy Top 20 Cities Employment
Italy Top 20 Cities Households
Italy Top 20 Cities Household Income & Expenditure
Italy Top 20 Cities GVA
Italy Top 20 Cities Education
Italy Top 20 Cities Appendix