In an increasingly globalized and freely-trading world economy, the number of economically-important cities across the globe is growing rapidly. As developing regions continue to experience rapid and unsustainable economic growth the makeup of the global marketplace, and the relative importance of different regions, is changing constantly.
- North America's main cities were largely unaffected by the financial crash in 2008-09 and instead suffered slight GDP decline in the years after - 2009-12. Additionally, through the recent period of poor consumer confidence and political uncertainty that affected most of Europe, the top North American cities have actually grown.
- All of the top North American cities are growing, albeit slowly. All have similar levels of GDP per capita which is actually higher than in most other Western cities.
- Most North American cities have experience a slight slowdown in population growth but it has remained positive. Detroit is the outlier, having suffered negative population growth on average since 2000 due in large part to the collapse of the automotive manufacturing industry in the city.
- Identifies the largest cities in a particular region by GDP.
- Assesses their importance to the region in question in comparison to the rest of the major cities.
- Provides an overview of various demographic indicators to assess the health of a city.
- Provides a surface-level understanding of a particular region, its composition and what drives it.
- Allows businesses to identify potential target markets and demographics in order to drive successful business.
- How has the economy in the region developed in recent years?
- How is it expected to develop in the future?
- What are the largest cities in the region?
- What is the population and population structure of each of the top cities?
- How healthy is the employment market in each city and what drives growth?
- What is the average household income and expenditure in each city?
- What is the educational structure of the population of each city?
North America Country Economic Overview
North America Top 20 Cities Economic Overview
North America Top 20 Cities Demographics
North America Top 20 Cities Unemployment
North America Top 20 Cities Employment
North America Top 20 Cities Households
North America Top 20 Cities Household Income & Expenditure
North America Top 20 Cities GVA
North America Top 20 Cities Education
North America Top 20 Cities Appendix