In an increasingly globalized and freely-trading world economy, the number of economically-important cities across the globe is growing rapidly. As developing regions continue to experience rapid and unsustainable economic growth the makeup of the global marketplace, and the relative importance of different regions, is changing constantly.
- As a region, Asia-Pacific has performed very strogly and nearly all cities have grown rapidly in recent years. There was a slight dip in 2015-16 when consumer demand fell and the Chinese economy began to slow, but smaller Asian cities are ready to take up the slack and consistent, strong growth is expected to continue.
- There is a clear difference between Chinese and Japanese cities, as well as Australian cities. The major Chinese cities are typically fairly small and are growing rapidly, while Japanese and Australian cities are more economically mature and have lower GDP per capita growth rates.
- Population growth - or rather a lack of population growth - is clear evidence that the Asia-Pacific region is slowing and maturing. Every city is expected to experience population growth slowdowns as the region transitions into one of maturity and stable economic growth.
- Identifies the largest cities in a particular region by GDP.
- Assesses their importance to the region in question in comparison to the rest of the major cities.
- Provides an overview of various demographic indicators to assess the health of a city.
- Provides a surface-level understanding of a particular region, its composition and what drives it.
- Allows businesses to identify potential target markets and demographics in order to drive successful business.
- How has the economy in the region developed in recent years?
- How is it expected to develop in the future?
- What are the largest cities in the region?
- What is the population and population structure of each of the top cities?
- How healthy is the employment market in each city and what drives growth?
- What is the average household income and expenditure in each city?
- What is the educational structure of the population of each city?
Asia-Pacific Country Economic Overview
Asia-Pacific Top 20 Cities Economic Overview
Asia-Pacific Top 20 Cities Demographics
Asia-Pacific Top 20 Cities Unemployment
Asia-Pacific Top 20 Cities Employment
Asia-Pacific Top 20 Cities Households
Asia-Pacific Top 20 Cities Household Income & Expenditure
Asia-Pacific Top 20 Cities GVA
Asia-Pacific Top 20 Cities Education
Asia-Pacific Top 20 Cities Appendix