In an increasingly globalized and freely-trading world economy, the number of economically-important cities across the globe is growing rapidly. As developing regions continue to experience rapid and unsustainable economic growth the makeup of the global marketplace, and the relative importance of different regions, is changing constantly.
- South and Central American cities have struggled historically with erratic growth rates, with significant GDP declines in the early years of the 21st century due to inflation crises affecting several economies. The region experienced a period of relatively stable growth between 2009-14, but more recently the ongoing Brazilian recession and the Venezuelan crisis hascaused significant declines in regional growth.
- The majority of South and Central American cities have fairly low GDP per capita as a region that is overly reliant on agriculture. Some smaller cities have seen recent growth booms due to a supply-demand imbalance left by the Brazilian recession.
- Population growth across South and Central American cities is expected to slow in the future as growth slows and the cities transition - albeit slowly - into more mature and developed economies.
- Identifies the largest cities in a particular region by GDP.
- Assesses their importance to the region in question in comparison to the rest of the major cities.
- Provides an overview of various demographic indicators to assess the health of a city.
- Provides a surface-level understanding of a particular region, its composition and what drives it.
- Allows businesses to identify potential target markets and demographics in order to drive successful business.
- How has the economy in the region developed in recent years?
- How is it expected to develop in the future?
- What are the largest cities in the region?
- What is the population and population structure of each of the top cities?
- How healthy is the employment market in each city and what drives growth?
- What is the average household income and expenditure in each city?
- What is the educational structure of the population of each city?
South & Central America Country Economic Overview
South & Central America Top 20 Cities Economic Overview
South & Central America Top 20 Cities Demographics
South & Central America Top 20 Cities Unemployment
South & Central America Top 20 Cities Employment
South & Central America Top 20 Cities Households
South & Central America Top 20 Cities Household Income & Expenditure
South & Central America Top 20 Cities GVA
South & Central America Top 20 Cities Education
South & Central America Top 20 Cities Appendix