"Li-Fi in Retail: Technologies and Usage Cases", report discusses how different retailers can benefit from Li-Fi technology, with advice provided for IT vendors. Li-Fi is an optical wireless networking technology that uses visible light pulses from light emitting diodes (LEDs) to transmit binary data. It is efficient in terms of the speed of data transfers and security, while also providing accurate transmission. To determine possible application fields of Li-Fi, this report analyzes multiple best practice approaches from different retailers.
Light Fidelity (Li-Fi) is one of the more recent developments in the indoor positioning systems (IPS) domain. The adoption of Li-Fi technology in the retail industry is empowering retailers to enhance customer experience by bringing digital channels to physical stores, such as enabling location-based interaction on mobile devices, which can drive in-store sales.
- Adoption of Li-Fi technology is empowering retailers to enhance the customer experience by bringing digital channels to physical stores, such as enabling location-based interaction on mobile devices, which can drive sales
- Li-Fi enables customers to navigate in a more efficient way, while also taking advantage of location-based product promotions and alerts
- Li-Fi is a good fit with retail infrastructure due to the existing availability of LED lights in many stores
- Get a detailed understanding of the usage and importance of Li-Fi solutions in retail. This report can help you pitch solutions to retailers that include Li-Fi technology and to gain insight into retailers' priorities and challenges.
2. Case Studies
2.3 Target Corporation
3. Major Li-Fi Vendors and Solutions
4. Advice for IT Vendors
5.1 Further reading
5.2 Contact the author
5.3 Contact Us