"Cigarettes in Panama, 2017", is an analytical report that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
Panama is one of the smaller cigarette markets in Central America aside from the passing trade that is conducted in the free zones along the Panama Canal. Legitimate domestic sales have recently been in a sharp decline due to the 2008 public smoking ban and the coinciding movement of the economy into a recession. Consumers switched to contraband because of the hike in Selective Consumption Tax (ISC) in July 2010.
- Legitimate domestic sales have recently been in sharp decline in 2016, 58.7% down on 1990 levels, as a result of a surge in non-duty paid sales.
- Production ceased in 1998 and the market is completel reliant on imports to meet cigaretteres demands.
- There are two major multinational cigarette companies supplying Panama's domestic market: BAT Sucursal Panama (formerly Tabacalera Istmêna), a subsidiary of British American Tobacco which detains 53.2% share in 2016 and Tabacalera Nacional SA, an affiliate of Philip Morris International, with 45.8% of share in 2016.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
2. Market Size
3. Market Structure
4. Manufacturers & Brands
5. Taxation & Retail Prices
5.2. Retail Prices
6. The Smoking Population
7. Production & Trade
8. Operating Constraints
8.1. Advertising Restrictions
8.2. Health Warnings
8.3. Other Restrictions
9. Prospects & Forecasts
10.1. What is this Report About?
10.2. Time Frame
10.3. Product Category Coverage
10.7. Contact Us
List of Tables
Table 1: Cigarette Consumption , 1990-2016
Table 2: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2016
Table 3: Manufacturer Sales, 2000-2016, Million Pieces
Table 4: Manufacturer Market Shares, 2000-2016, % Percentage
Table 5: Smoking Population, 1990-2016
Table 6: Cigarette Production, 1990-2016, Million Pieces
Table 7: Imports of Cigarettes, Volume, 1990-2016, Million Pieces
Table 8: Cigarette Imports by Country of Origin, 1999-2016, Million Pieces
Table 9: Cigarette Imports by Country of Origin, 1999-2016, % Percentage
Table 10: Consumption Forecasts, 2016-2026, Million Pieces
List of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology