"Best Practices in Retail: Beacons", report discusses how different retailers can benefit from beacons and the challenges they face, with advice provided for IT vendors. Beacons can be utilized to enhance customer engagement including sales, and enhance the shopping experience in stores. Since beacons can communicate with shoppers’ devices by sending notifications regarding offers and coupons, they are an innovative technology for attracting customers. To determine viable usage cases for beacons, this report analyzes multiple best practice approaches from different retailers.
Beacons can bring the benefits of digital commerce to physical stores by providing location-based communication to customers' mobile devices primarily for targeted proximity marketing and communication. Retailers are increasingly interested in rolling out beacons in combination with mobile apps for creating a better omnichannel experience.
- Beacons are mainly used to enhance customer engagement in stores, and can enhance the shopping experience by allowing ultra-personalized offers and simple timely interactions with customers which also drives sales
- In addition to marketing, the technology can be utilized to capture customer-related data for analysis, and to communicate practical information such as product contents and whereabouts in a store
- Through beacons, retailers can gain insight into shoppers’ preferences and their buying behavior, which further helps to upsell products
- Get a detailed understanding of the usage and importance of in-store beacon solutions in retail. This report can help you pitch solutions to retailers that include beacon technology and to gain insight into retailers' priorities and challenges.
2. Case Study: Retail Beacons showing impressive results
2.1 Macy’s Inc.
2.2 Chow Tai Fook Jewellery Group Ltd.
2.3 McDonald’s Turkey
2.4 Lord & Taylor by Hudson Bay’s Company
2.5 Regent Street London
2.6 Rite Aid Corporation
3. Advice for IT Vendors
4.1 Further reading
4.2 Contact the authors