MediPoint: Vertebroplasty Devices - Global Analysis and Market Forecasts
Global vertebroplasty market was estimated at US$316.9M in 2016 across the 39 markets covered in this report. By the end of the forecast period in 2023, it is estimated that the market will decline to approximately US$309.1 at a negative Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 0.4%.
Vertebral compression fractures (VCFs) are often characterized by pain and deformity due to the fracture and collapse of one or more vertebral bodies in the spinal column. Primarily caused by osteoporosis and osteopenia-conditions characterized by loss of bone mass and low bone mineral density-the number of diagnosed VCF cases is increasing globally as the population ages and incidences of the aforementioned conditions grow. In general, these fractures are initially treated non-surgically with pharmacological therapies, bracing, and rest. In the event that non-surgical treatment fails to relieve pain, surgical treatment can be implemented.
Key drivers of the vertebroplasty market in the forecast period are -
- The rising prevalence of osteoporosis and osteopenia due to the increasing aging population.
- The increasing preference for minimally invasive and outpatient procedures.
Middle East and Africa vertebroplasty market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.8% and APAC vertebroplasty market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 2.7%. South America, North America and European market is projected to decline at a negative CAGR of 2.0%, 12.0% and 0.2% respectively. Egypt represented the largest portion of the market in 2016, holding 43.2% of the regional revenue, and is expected to maintain this dominance through the forecast period. Saudi Arabia is expected to be the fastest-growing market through 2023, at a CAGR of 8.8%, while the slowest growth will be observed in the UAE at a CAGR of 3.7%.
The market for VCF repair products, including vertebroplasty kits, is a highly consolidated market. Together, three orthopedic conglomerates-DePuy Synthes, Medtronic, and Stryker-dominated the global market in 2016. These companies hold well-established orthopedic portfolios and enjoy wide-ranging distribution networks, which allow them to effectively cross-sell their VCF products. Several minor players also operate in regional markets, and domestic manufacturers of cheap copycat products are a threat in developing countries.
The report ""MediPoint: Vertebroplasty Devices - Global Analysis and Market Forecasts"" focuses on the market outlook for vertebroplasty products globally. The analysis discusses the major drivers and barriers of adoption, and provides an in-depth understanding of the future outlook for this market by segment and geography.
In particular, this report provides the following -
- Overview of recent key industry events and analysis of their market impact.
- Annualized total market revenue by type of device, procedure trends, and market outlooks by segment and by country through 2023.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, and implications of the emerging technologies in the market.
- Pipeline analysis: Comprehensive data split across different stages of development, including a discussion of emerging trends and devices in development.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition globally vertebroplasty market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, barriers, and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Companies mentioned in this report: DePuy Synthes, Globus Medical, Medtronic, Stryker.
*Note: This is an on-demand report and will be delivered within 3 working days (excluding weekends) of the purchase.
- Outlook of sales volume, pricing trends, revenue trends with 2016 as base year and forecasts until 2023, for vertebroplasty.
- Company share analysis in 2016, for VCF Repair (kyphoplasty and vertebroplasty)
- Market insights and competitive assessment of the key players within the vertebroplasty market.
Reasons to Buy
- Identify the unmet needs and understand physicians’ perceptions of the current vertebroplasty devices
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global vertebroplasty market in the future
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors
1 About the Authors
1.1.1 Jennifer Ryan, Orthopedic Analyst, Medical Devices
1.1.2 Linda Tian, Managing Analyst, Medical Devices
1.2 Global Head of Medical Devices
2 Table of Contents
2.1 List of Tables
2.2 List of Figures
3 Executive Summary
3.2 Market Dynamics
3.3 Key Players in the Vertebroplasty Market
3.4 Vertebroplasty Market Future Outlook
4.2 Related Reports
4.3 Upcoming Related Reports
5 Market Outlook
5.1 Procedure Trends
5.2 Pricing Trends
5.3 Revenue Trends
5.4 Company Share Analysis
6 Market Insights
6.1 North America
6.2.1 Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden
6.2.2 Belgium, France, and Netherlands
6.2.3 Germany and Switzerland
6.2.4 UK and Ireland
6.2.5 Italy, Portugal, and Spain
6.2.6 Austria, Czech Republic, Hungary, and Poland
6.2.7 Greece, Russia, and Turkey
6.3.1 Australia and New Zealand
6.3.2 China and Taiwan
6.3.5 South Korea
6.4 South America
6.4.2 Argentina and Chile
6.5 Middle East and Africa
6.5.2 South Africa
6.5.3 Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and UAE
7 Competitive Assessment
7.2 DePuy Synthes (Johnson & Johnson)
7.2.2 Portfolio Assessment
7.2.3 Competitive Positioning
7.3 Globus Medical
7.3.2 Portfolio Assessment
7.3.3 News and Deals Analysis
7.3.4 Competitive Positioning
7.4.2 Portfolio Assessment
7.4.3 Competitive Positioning
7.5.2 Portfolio Assessment
7.5.3 News and Deals Analysis
7.5.4 Competitive Positioning
7.6 Other Players
8.3.3 Secondary Research
8.3.4 Forecasting Methodology
8.3.5 Primary Research Summary
8.4 About MediPoint
8.5 About Us
8.6 Contact Us
List of Tables
Table 1: Key Metrics in the Global Kyphoplasty Market
Table 2: North America Vertebroplasty Volume Forecast, 2014-2023
Table 3: Europe Vertebroplasty Volume Forecast, 2014-2023
Table 4: APAC Vertebroplasty Volume Forecast, 2014-2023
Table 5: South America Vertebroplasty Volume Forecast, 2014-2023
Table 6: Middle East and Africa Vertebroplasty Volume Forecast, 2014-2023
Table 7: North America Vertebroplasty Average Selling Price Forecast ($), 2014-2023
Table 8: Europe Vertebroplasty Average Selling Price Forecast ($), 2014-2023
Table 9: APAC Vertebroplasty Average Selling Price Forecast ($), 2014-2023
Table 10: South America Vertebroplasty Average Selling Price Forecast ($), 2014-2023
Table 11: Middle East and Africa Vertebroplasty Average Selling Price Forecast ($), 2014-2023
Table 12: North America Vertebroplasty Market Revenue Forecast ($M), 2014-2023
Table 13: Europe Vertebroplasty Market Revenue Forecast ($M), 2014-2023
Table 14: APAC Vertebroplasty Market Revenue Forecast ($M), 2014-2023
Table 15: South America Vertebroplasty Market Revenue Forecast ($M), 2014-2023
Table 16: Middle East and Africa Vertebroplasty Market Revenue Forecast ($M), 2014-2023
Table 17: North America VCF Repair Company Share Analysis, 2016
Table 18: Europe VCF Reapir Company Share Analysis, 2016
Table 19: APAC VCF Repair Company Share Analysis, 2016
Table 20: South America VCF Repair Company Share Analysis, 2016
Table 21: Middle East and Africa VCF repair Company Share Analysis, 2016
Table 22: DePuy Synthes - Key Marketed Products Assessment
Table 23: Globus Medical - Key Marketed Products Assessment
Table 24: Medtronic - Key Marketed Products Assessment
Table 25: Stryker - Key Marketed Products Assessment
Table 26: Summary of Other Players in the Vertebroplasty Market, 2017
List of Figures
Figure 1: Global Vertebroplasty Sales, by Region, 2016 and 2023