Sugar Esters Microemulsions covers recent advances in the formulation, characterization and applications of sugar esters microemulsions. This book comprehensibly covers a decade of experience on using sugar surfactants for various applications. It enables researchers in the field to follow a tested methodology in choosing the best sugar surfactant formulation that fits an application of interest. This book is the ultimate reference for all those in industry or academy working in the field of microemulsions in general and sugar esters in particular.
- Provides a timely reference for those working in research and development as well as academic scientists in the colloid and surface science field
- Presents a succinct summary on recent research, eliminating the need to search through a multitude of resources for critical information
- Complements existing books on microemulsions which take the more traditional approach of reviewing the fundamental aspects of the subject
- Examines recent advances in the formulation and characterization of the properties of sugar ester microemulsions for various applications
- Provides case studies in each chapter to clarify theoretical material
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
Part I: Overview 1. Microemulsions 2. Sugar esters 3. Oils, Cosurfactants, Cosolvents
Part II: Formulation 4. Microemulsions with sugar esters 5. Microemulsions with sugar esters and cosurfactants 6. Microemulsions with sugar esters and cosolvents 7. Microemulsions with sugar esters and cosurfactants and co solvents 8. Microemulsions with mixed no ionic surfactants including sugar esters
Part III: Characterization 9. Microstructure measured by SAXS 10. Structural parameters 11. Diffusion properties measured by NMR and DLS 12. Volumetric properties 13. Electrical conductance 14. Viscous flow
Part IV: Applications 15. Drug solubilization 16. Alternative fuel 17. Green chemistry
Part V: Future perspective 18. Future works on sugar ester microemulsions
Professor M. Fanun is Associate Professor at the Colloids and Surfaces Research Center, Al-Quds University, Palestine. He has a PhD in Applied Chemistry, Casali Institute of Applied Chemistry, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel. His is Fellow of the Palestinian Academy for Science and Technology (PALSAT), Member of the European Colloid and Interface Society (ECIS) and Member of the Bethlehem Academics Association. He published 3 books, several book chapters, and more than 70 articles in international scientific journals.