In SnapShot 89 the researcher provides a survey of the types of mobile services that are being developed for the Senior and the Youth segments.
MNOs are starting to provide Senior mobile plans aimed at 55 year olds or retirees with discounts for selected mobile devices or usage plans. However, the number of Senior plans remains limited, as most MNOs still focus on the Youth segment.
Many MNOs are developing plans for the Youth segment, for users who are either students, or are under 26 or 30 years of age, with a bundle of Mobile Data, calls, SMS and some additional content (including music streaming, TV or sports content).
The Youth segment remains the most active segment with the Senior segment still to be meaningfully exploited.
You will get 'Tariff Trends SnapShot 100 - The Main Trends over 100 SnapShots' for free when you purchase this report.
1. Introduction – Mobile services for the Senior and Youth segments
2. Examples of mobile services for the Senior segment
3. Examples of mobile services in the Youth segment
4. Conclusions – Mobile services for the Senior and the Youth segment
- A1 (Austria)
- AT&T (USA)
- Airtel (Sierra Leone)
- Go (Malta)
- Korea Telecom (South Korea)
- M1 (Singapore)
- O2 (Czech Republic)
- Ooredoo (Oman) Orange (Mali)
- Salt (Switzerland)
- SingTel (Singapore)
- Starhub (Singapore)
- TIM (Italy)
- Telekom (Germany)
- Telenor (Norway)
- Verizon (USA)
- Vodafone (Australia, Italy, Portugal and Qatar)