This thirteenth edition of The Homeland Security Directory offers current, comprehensive data on the thousands of agencies and individuals in charge of homeland security, at both Federal and State levels. It also includes detailed profiles of private sector companies that provide products and services to the homeland security industry. This combined approach, with 5,391 listings and 11,161 key executives, has made this the most comprehensive resource available on homeland security since the creation of the Department of Homeland Security.
The Homeland Security Directory is divided into five main sections: Federal Agencies, State Agencies, Manufactures & Suppliers, Industry Resources, and Indexes. These main sections are divided into chapters and subchapters, making it quick and easy to locate specific information.
The first section, Federal Agencies, is made up of 18 main chapters and 12 subchapters. These chapters deal with the Department of Homeland Security, its Directorates, and relevant branches of the Federal Government. Each chapter begins with a listing of the department or branch’s headquarters, formatted with gray shading for quick recognition. Listings are accompanied by a clear, concise description of how the agency is involved in homeland security, and all include a list of key officials, many with a direct phone line and email address.
The second section, State Agencies, is arranged in alphabetical state chapters, for easy access. Inconsistency still exists among States in regard to homeland security resources, and this section provides comprehensive coverage of all those offices with responsibility for securing the homeland, before, during, or after disasters. Listings include Emergency Management, State Police, Emergency Services Agencies, the National Guard, contingency planning agencies, and a host of other agencies. The first listing in each state chapter is the main Homeland Security office, and includes the Governor, Lieutenant Governor, Attorney General and the person most responsible for homeland security. Many listings include a direct phone line and email address.
Section Three, Manufacturers & Suppliers, begins with an alphabetical listing of over 750 products and services represented by over 3,000 companies; a Buyer's Guide of sorts. These private companies manufacture products and provide services of value to the homeland security industry, ranging from Access Control Locking Systems to Work Station Security Software. We have focused on private sector companies involved in not only new technology such as biometrics, increasingly used for identification, fraud prevention, security, and consumer applications, but also those companies who play a significant role in improving existing technology such as access control. Each company profile, listed alphabetically, also includes a company description, address, phone, fax, and web site and a listing of the products and services it provides. Key executive names are often accompanied by an e-mail and direct phone line.
Section Four lists hundreds of Industry Resources, with categories including Associations, Periodicals, Trade Shows & Seminars, Directories, Databases, and more. Each listing contains full contact information, a description of the resource, and the name of at least one key executive.
Section Five contains the three Indexes:
- Entry Name Index: an alphabetical list of all entries in the directory.
- Key Personnel Index: an alphabetical list of all government officials and key executives who have responsibilities related to homeland security.
- Products & Services Index: an alphabetical list of the products and services presented in Section Three.
This updated edition is a necessary acquisition for all public libraries, university libraries, and security reference collections and a must-have resource tool for those researching the Homeland Security field, whether for services or products.
* Print purchase includes 6 months free online access
Department of Homeland Security Organizational Chart
DHS Immigration Enforcement: 2016
U.S. Lawful Permanent Residents: 2015
Refugees and Asylees: 2015
The 2014 Quadrennial Homeland Security Review
Section One: Federal Agencies
- Department of Homeland Security
- Transportation Security Administration
- Customs & Border Protection
- Citizenship & Immigration Services
- Immigration & Customs Enforcement
- Secret Service
- Federal Emergency Management Agency
- Coast Guard
- Management Directorate
- Science & Technology Directorate
- National Protection & Programs Directorate
- Executive Office of the President
- Department of Agriculture
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Defense
- Department of Education
- Department of Energy
- Department of Health & Human Services
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
- Department of the Interior
- Department of Justice
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Department of State
- Department of Transportation
- Department of Treasury
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Federal Communications Commission
- Nuclear Regulatory Commission
- U.S. House of Representatives
- U.S. Senate
Section Two: State Agencies
- Alphabetical by State
Section Three: Company Listings
- Listing of Homeland Security Products & Services
- Alphabetical by Company
Section Four: Industry Resources
- Directories & Databases
- Shows & Seminars
- Web Sites
Section Five: Indexes
- Entry Index
- Key Personnel Index
- Products & Services Index