The global digital asset management market was 1.7 billion USD in 2016 and is forecasted to reach 5.64 billion USD by 2022 at an impressive CAGR of 22.13% for the period.
Growth by Region
The DAM market is dominated by North America (U.S. and Canada), due to large number of vendors present and the increasing digital transformation occurring in the region. The other dominant geographical regions are Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa. Emerging economies in the Asia Pacific region such as India and China are forecasted to lead the market in terms of growth rate in the near future due to growing demand for digitization. India being the hub of consultancy and outsourced projects, will realize an immense scope of usage of DAM solutions.
Growth by End-Use Industry
The media and entertainment industry accounts for the largest market share in DAM, in 2016, due to the enormous amount of digital data produced. The rise of e-commerce sector is also expected to aid the DAM industry.
Drivers Vs. Constraints
Top market drivers for digital asset management:
- Shift to SaaS from on premise software.
- Increased need for management of rich media content.
- Immense scope of DAM usage across industries such as retail, media and entertainment, military, consumer goods, and transportation.
- High demand of dynamic documents
- Shifting to non-linear digital workflows
- Multiple content delivery channels
- Security and data privacy concerns
- Bandwidth and connectivity issues
- Availability of open-source digital asset management software
- Large volume of digital content created every minute
- Retrieval of relevant digital assets
The global digital asset management market is a highly fragmented market that is seeing a growing number of mergers and acquisitions. For example, Mixamo, a company that creates 3D characters and animations, was acquired by Adobe in June, 2015. Competition is also expected to intensify in the coming period due to large number of vendors offering DAM solutions at reduced cost. Among various industries, consumer goods and retail is forecasted to have major market share due to increased spending in the digital marketing space.
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Overview
- Industry Value Chain Analysis
- Porter's 5 Forces
- Market Dynamics
5. By Solution
- Asset & Metadata Archiving
- Video Management
- Web Content Management
- Creative Tool Integration
- Lifecycle & Rights Management
- Information Technology
- Photography & Graphic Designing
- Media and Entertainment
- North America
- Latin America
11. Company Profiles
- Cognizant Technology Solutions
- Dell EMC
- Opentext Corporation
- Canto Inc
- Amazon Web Services
- Adam Software NV
- Industry M&As, Consolidations
- Investment Opportunities
- Global Digital Asset Management market - Road Ahead