This issue of the Advanced Coatings and Surface Technology TOE profiles research advances in coating technologies. The issue details the development of a non-fluorinated stain resistant coating for the textile industry, a protective coating for solar glass panels, an anti-corrosion coating with superhydrophobic properties for steel, and a non-chromate based primer for aircraft landing gear.
The Advanced Coating & Surface Technology TechVision Opportunity Engine (TOE) provides intelligence on technologies, products, processes, applications and strategic insights on various coatings across industries. This encompasses protective and functional coatings such as antimicrobial coatings, food coatings, energy-saving coatings, smart glazing, hydrophilic, hydrophobic and super hydrophobic coatings, corrosion protection coatings, barrier coatings and paints. The Chemicals and Advanced Materials cluster tracks research & innovation trends and developments across specialty chemicals, plastics, polymers, chemicals, bio-chemicals, metals, coatings, thin films, surface treatments, composites, alloys, oil and gas, fuel additives, fibers and several other related technologies and its impact and application across industries.
1. Research Advances in Coating Technologies
- Non-fluorinated, Stain Resistant Coating for Textiles
- Sand-resistant Coating for Glass of Solar Panels
- Ceramic Coating for Reliable Hypersonic Travel
- Super-hydrophobic Coatings from Bacterial Proteins to Protect Steel from Corrosion
- Chromate-free Primer for Aircraft’s Landing Gear
2. Industry Contacts