India has woken up to the fad of chocolate being considered as a gift proposition. While even till few years back traditional sweets / mithai were the only option in delicacy gifting, overt media exposure and smart marketing techniques have positioned chocolates as an alternative. Further, entry of major players in the country has increased the availability of such products. Another feature that works for this sector is the attractive pricing of products which particularly suits the Indian scenario wherein consumers seek economical products. However, factors such as high entry barriers and high excise and import duties pose as impediments towards the sector growth. The major trends identified include emergence of premium chocolates, surfacing of dark chocolates, concept of chocolate boutique, demand for healthy options and entry of retailers and confectioners.
- Overview of the branded chocolate market in India and forecasted branded chocolate market size over 2014 to 2022e
- Market segmentation
- Methods for bean processing and its manufacturing process
- Value chain analysis of branded chocolates
- Understanding the major drivers and challenges affecting the market
- Analysis of the competitive landscape and detailed profiles of major public and private players
- Get a broad understanding of the branded chocolate market in India
- Be informed about the trends, manufacturing process, distribution channel of branded chocolate market
- Understand major competitors’ business, market dynamics, and respond accordingly
- Be informed regarding the key areas of opportunity in the branded chocolate market
- Make more informed business decisions with the help of insightful recommendations provided to succeed in the branded chocolate segment
Slide 2: Total Population (2010-2011 - 2019-2020), Population Density (2010-2011 - 2019-2020)
Slide 3: Sex Ratio (2005, 2010, 2015, 2020), Population by Age Group (2005, 2010, 2015, 2020), Urbanization Trend (2010-2011 - 2019-2020)
Slide 4: Total Fertility Rate (2005-2010, 2010-2015, 2015-2020), Infant Mortality Rate (2005-2010, 2010-2015, 2015-2020), Total Number of Births (2005-2010, 2010-2015, 2015-2020), Total Number of Death (2005-2010, 2010-2015, 2015-2020)
Slide 5: Total Literacy Rate (2001, 2011), Rural Literacy (2001, 2011), Urban Literacy (2001, 2011)
Slide 6: GDP at Market Prices (2010-2014), FDI (2010-2014), Inflation Rate (2010-2014), Unemployment Rate (2010-2014)
Slide 7: Access to Safe Drinking Water (2001, 2011), Exchange Rate (2010-2015)
Slide 8-9: Market Definition and Structure
Slide 10: Cocoa Bean Processing
Slide 11: Chocolate Manufacturing Process
Slide 12: Current Market Scenario and Market size & Growth Forecast (Value-Wise; FY 2014 - FY 2022e)
Slide 13: Player-Wise Segmentation and Product-Wise Segmentation
Slide 14: Value Chain Analysis of Branded Chocolates
Slide 15: Porter’s Five Force Analysis
Slide 16: Export of Chocolate and Chocolate Products [Value-Wise; FY 2014 - FY 2017] and Export of Chocolate and Chocolate Products [Volume-Wise; FY 2014 - FY2017]
Slide 17: Export of Chocolate and Chocolate Products - Region-Wise Segmentation [(Value-Wise: FY 2016 and FY 2017] and Export of Chocolate and Chocolate Products - Region-Wise Segmentation [Volume-Wise: FY 2016 and FY 2017]
Slide 18: Import of Chocolate and Chocolate Products [Value-Wise; FY 2014 - FY 2017] Import of Chocolate and Chocolate Products [Volume-Wise; FY 2014 - FY 2017]
Slide 19: Import of Chocolate and Chocolate Products - Region-Wise Segmentation (Value-Wise: FY 2016 and FY 2017] and Import of Chocolate and Chocolate Products - Region-Wise Segmentation [Volume-Wise: FY 2016 and FY 2017]
Slide 20-24: Market Drivers
Slide 25-26: Market Challenges
Slide 27-28: Government Initiatives
Slide 29-33: Market Trends
Slide 34: List of Major Players
Slide 35-53: Profiles of Major Players
Slide 54: Key Recent Developments
Slide 55: Research Methodology
1. ITC Ltd.
2. Lotus Chocolate Company Ltd.
3. Nestle India Ltd.
1. Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation Ltd.
2. Parle Products Pvt. Ltd.
3. The Campco Ltd.
4. Mars International India Pvt. Ltd.
5. Mondelez India Foods Pvt. Ltd.
6. Ferrero India Pvt. Ltd.