While foreign companies have realized the opportunity in India for smartphone devices and have brought in a number of India specific devices, domestic handset companies are targeting to capture larger market in the country with budget smartphones. In Nov 2016, demonetization had affected the smartphone market at almost all levels including the customer demand and stock movement in the distribution channels across India. However, the premium smartphone segment saw some growth during the weeks following demonetization. New age consumers with improved disposable income and varied needs are quick to adopt smartphone, creating substantial opportunities for smartphone manufacturers in India.
- Overview of the global smartphone market and forecasted market size data in terms of unit shipments over 2015 to 2020, along with global smartphones shipment data based on smartphone screen size over 2015 to 2020
- Overview of the smartphone market in India and forecasted market size data in terms of unit shipment over 2015 to 2020
- Market share of top Indian and Chinese smartphone manufacturing companies (2016)
- Market dynamics through major trends prevalent in the market
- Qualitative analysis of the major drivers and challenges affecting the market
- Analysis of the competitive landscape and detailed profiles of major public and private players
- Key recent developments associated with the smartphone market in India
- Detailed description of the ‘Make in India’ initiative by the Government of India and the effect of Demonetization on the Indian smartphone market
- Get a broad understanding of the smartphone device business in India, the dynamics of the market and current state of the same
- Strategize marketing, market-entry, market expansion, and other business plans by understanding factors influencing growth in the market
- Be informed regarding the key developments in the field of smartphone devices and the prime opportunity areas
- Understand major competitors’ business, market dynamics, and respond accordingly
Slide 2: Total Population (2010-2011 - 2019-2020), Population Density (2010-2011 - 2019-2020)
Slide 3: Sex Ratio (2005, 2010, 2015, 2020), Population by Age Group (2005, 2010, 2015, 2020), Urbanization Trend (2010-2011 - 2019-2020)
Slide 4: Total Fertility Rate (2005-2010, 2010-2015, 2015-2020), Infant Mortality Rate (2005-2010, 2010-2015, 2015-2020), Total Number of Births (2005-2010, 2010-2015, 2015-2020), Total Number of Death (2005-2010, 2010-2015, 2015-2020)
Slide 5: Total Literacy Rate (2001, 2011), Rural Literacy (2001, 2011), Urban Literacy (2001, 2011)
Slide 6: GDP at Market Prices (2010-2014), FDI (2010-2014), Inflation Rate (2010-2014), Unemployment Rate (2010-2014)
Slide 7: Access to Safe Drinking Water (2001, 2011), Exchange Rate (2010-2015)
Slide 8: Market Definition and Structure
Slide 9: Overview of Major Smartphone Operating Systems
Slide 10: Mobile Phone Manufacturing Value Chain Analysis
Slide 11: Global Smartphone Market -Market Overview, Size and Growth Forecast (Volume-Wise; 2015 - 2020e)
- Global Smartphone Vendor Market Share (2016)
- Global Smartphone Shipment Based on Screen Size (Percentage Share; 2015-2020e)
Slide 13-15: Market Segmentation
- Market Share of Top 5 Indian Smartphone Companies (CY 2016)
- Top 4 Chinese Label Smartphones by Market Share (Q4 2016)
- Smartphone Company-Wise Market Share - Across 30 Cities (As of Oct, 2016)
- Leading 30 Cities Tier Wise Smartphone Company - Wise Market Share (As of Oct, 2016)
- Company Wise Smartphone Shipment Market Share Comparison (Q3 2016-Q4 2016)
- Top 5 Companies Based on Online Smartphone Sales in India (Q1 2016-Q2 2016)
- Comparison of New Mobile Phone Launches in Online Platforms (H1 2013-H1 2016)
- Comparison of New Phone Launches Across Price Segments (H1 2015-H1 2016)
Government Initiatives and Investments
Slide 19: Detailed Description of the ‘Make in India’ Initiative by the Government of India
Slide 20: Development of Inexpensive Smartphones; New Technology Platforms Launched by the Government of India
Slide 21: Investments Made in the Indian Smartphone Market (As of Oct, 2016)
Slide 22: Detailed Description of the Effect of Demonetization in Nov 2016, on the Indian Smartphone market
Slide 23: Export of Telephones for Cellular Networks or for Other Wireless Networks Excluding Push Button Type- Size [Value-Wise; FY 2013 - FY 2016-2017 (Apr-Dec)] and [Volume-Wise; FY 2013 - FY 2016-2017 (Apr-Dec)]
Slide 24: Export of Telephones for Cellular Networks or for Other Wireless Networks Excluding Push Button Type - Region-Wise Exports [(Value-Wise: FY 2016 and FY 2017; Volume-Wise: FY 2016 and FY 2017 (Apr-Dec)]
Slide 25: Import of Telephones for Cellular Networks or for Other Wireless Networks Excluding Push Button Type -Size [Value-Wise; FY 2013 - FY 2016-2017 (Apr-Dec)] and [Volume-Wise; FY 2013 - FY 2016-2017 (Apr-Dec)]
Slide 26: Import of Telephones for Cellular Networks or for Other Wireless Networks Excluding Push Button Type - Region-Wise Imports [(Value-Wise: FY 2016 and FY 2017 (Apr-Dec); Volume-Wise: FY 2016 and FY 2017 (Apr-Dec)]
Slide 27-28: Market Drivers
Slide 29: Market Challenges
Slide 30-31: Major Smartphone Market Trends
Slide 32: List of Major Players
Slide 33-51: Profiles of Major Players
Slide 52-53: Key Recent Developments
Slide 54: Research Methodology
1. Apple India Pvt. Ltd.
2. Intex Technologies (India) Ltd.
3. Lava International Ltd.
4. Lenovo (India) Pvt. Ltd.
5. Micromax Informatics Ltd.
6. Oppo Mobiles India Pvt. Ltd.
7. Samsung India Electronics Pvt. Ltd.
8. Sony India Pvt. Ltd.
9. Vivo Mobile India Pvt. Ltd.
10. Xiaomi Technology India Pvt. Ltd.