However, the lack of regulatory clarity acts as a major challenge for the industry. The regulation of biopharmaceuticals is inefficient and complex due to the involvement of multiple agencies and committees in the review and approval process. Competition from other Asian countries also acts as a challenge for the Indian bio pharma market. Despite the competition from other countries, India's biotechnology sector has attracted major investments from several global companies due to its strong generic biotechnology potential. While Indian Immunologicals Ltd. set up vaccine manufacturing facilities in Pondicherry and Hyderabad by investing INR 3 bn and INR 2.5 bn respectively, Shantha Biotechnics Pvt. Ltd. built an insulin product manufacturing facility entailing an investment of INR 4.6 bn. The country is being recognized globally as a preferred outsourcing destination for contract research and manufacturing services. This will further aid in the development of the country’s bio pharma sector. Biocon Ltd., Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd, Serum Institute of India Pvt. Ltd., Lupin Ltd. and Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd. are some of the major companies operating in this market.
- Overview of the bio pharma market in India, and historical and forecasted market size data over 2010 to 2022
- Trade analysis of bio pharma products in India
- Qualitative analysis of the major drivers and challenges affecting the market
- Analysis of the competitive landscape and profiles of major players operating in the market
- Key recent developments in the Indian bio pharma sector
- Get a broad understanding of the bio pharma sector in India, the dynamics of the market and the current state of the sector
- Strategize marketing, market-entry, market expansion and other business plans by understanding the factors driving the growth of the market
- Be informed regarding the key developments in the Indian bio pharma sector
- Understand major competitors’ business and market dynamics, and respond accordingly
Slide 2: Total Population (2010-2011 - 2019-2020), Population Density (2010-2011 - 2019-2020)
Slide 3: Sex Ratio (2005, 2010, 2015, 2020), Population by Age Group (2005, 2010, 2015, 2020), Urbanization Trend (2010-2011 - 2019-2020)
Slide 4: Total Fertility Rate (2005-2010, 2010-2015, 2015-2020), Infant Mortality Rate (2005-2010, 2010-2015, 2015-2020), Total Number of Births (2005-2010, 2010-2015, 2015-2020), Total Number of Death (2005-2010, 2010-2015, 2015-2020)
Slide 5: Total Literacy Rate (2001, 2011), Rural Literacy (2001, 2011), Urban Literacy (2001, 2011)
Slide 6: GDP at Market Prices (2010-2014), FDI (2010-2014), Inflation Rate (2010-2014), Unemployment Rate (2010-2014)
Slide 7: Access to Safe Drinking Water (2001, 2011), Exchange Rate (2010-2015)
Slide 8: Market Definition & Structure
Slide 9: Biopharmaceuticals Market in India - Market Size & Growth (2010 -2022)
Slide 10: Biopharmaceuticals Market in India - Market Overview
Slide 11: Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
Slide 12: Export of Vaccines for Human Medicine - Size (Value-Wise; FY 2013 - FY 2017 and Volume-Wise; FY 2013 - FY 2017)
Slide 13: Export of Vaccines for Human Medicine - Country-Wise Segmentation (Value-Wise; FY 2015 and FY 2016; and Volume-Wise; FY 2015 and FY 2016)
Slide 14: Import of Vaccines for Human Medicine - Size (Value-Wise; FY 2013 - FY 2017 and Volume-Wise; FY 2013 - FY 2017)
Slide 15: Import of Vaccines for Human Medicine - Country-Wise Segmentation (Value-Wise; FY 2015 and FY 2016; and Volume-Wise; FY 2015 and FY 2016)
Slide 16-17: Market Drivers
Slide 18: Market Challenges
Slide 19: Key Trends
Slide 20: List of Major Players
Slide 21-50: Profiles of Major Players
Slide 51-52: Recent Developments
Slide 53: Research Methodology
1. Biocon Ltd.
2. Cadila Healthcare Ltd.
3. Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd.
4. GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
5. Lupin Ltd.
6. Wockhardt Ltd.
1. Haffkine Bio-Pharmaceutical Corporation Ltd.
2. Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
3. Reliance Life Sciences Pvt. Ltd.
4. Serum Institute of India Pvt. Ltd.