Increasing regulations in the tobacco industry via taxation bans on advertising have led to a decline in tobacco products volume sales in India. This has been done to reduce consumption of tobacco products in the country. Legal cigarettes contribute to the majority of the tax revenue compared to the other tobacco products. In the Union Budget of 2016-17 the government has priced the tobacco products very high. Tobacco manufacturing companies to increase their sales took the advantage and have launched more tobacco products under new brands and extensions. Furthermore, bans on smoking cigarettes and bidis in public places, pictorial warnings on cigarette boxes have also been discouraging the Indian population to consume tobacco products in the country. In spite of stringent regulations, the tobacco industry has witnessed a growth with ITC, Godfrey Phillips and VST Industries ruling the cigarette market in India.
- Overview of the tobacco sector in India and forecasted tobacco market size over 2016 to 2020e
- Overview of the Export earnings
- Product wise segmentation and market share of legal cigarettes
- Tobacco consumption share and tax revenue share
- Geographical segmentation
- Porters Five Force Analysis
- Industrial issues regarding taxation
- Qualitative analysis of the major drivers and challenges affecting the market
- Analysis of the competitive landscape and detailed profiles of major public and private players
- Get a broad understanding of the tobacco sector in India, its link to the overall tobacco products, the major segmentations of the sector and current state of the same
- Be informed about the major tax regulations in the sectors
- Understand major competitors’ business, market dynamics, and respond accordingly
- Be informed regarding the key areas of opportunity in the tobacco sector
- Make more informed business decisions with the help of insightful recommendations provided to succeed in the tobacco sector
Slide 1: Executive Summary
Slide 2: Total Population (2010-2011 - 2019-2020), Population Density (2010-2011 - 2019-2020)
Slide 3: Sex Ratio (2005, 2010, 2015, 2020), Population by Age Group (2005, 2010, 2015, 2020), Urbanization Trend (2010-2011 - 2019-2020)
Slide 4: Total Fertility Rate (2005-2010, 2010-2015, 2015-2020), Infant Mortality Rate (2005-2010, 2010-2015, 2015-2020), Total Number of Births (2005-2010, 2010-2015, 2015-2020), Total Number of Death (2005-2010, 2010-2015, 2015-2020)
Slide 5: Total Literacy Rate (2001, 2011), Rural Literacy (2001, 2011), Urban Literacy (2001, 2011)
Slide 6: GDP at Market Prices (2010-2014), FDI (2010-2014), Inflation Rate (2010-2014), Unemployment Rate (2010-2014)
Slide 7: Access to Safe Drinking Water (2001, 2011), Exchange Rate (2010-2015)
Slide 8: Market Definition and Structure
Slide 9: Market Size & Growth Forecast (Value-Wise; FY 2016 - FY 2020e) and Current Market Scenario
Slide 10: Export Earnings
Slide 11: Product Wise Segmentation (2015-16) & Market Share of Illegal Cigarettes (2014-15)
Slide 12: Consumption Share (2015-16) & Tax Revenue Share (2015-16)
Slide 13: Geographic Segmentation
Slide 14: Porter’s Five Force Analysis
Slide 15 - Export of Tobacco and Manufactured Tobacco Substitutes [Value-Wise; FY 2013 - FY 2016-2017 (Apr-Dec)] and Import of Tobacco and Manufactured Tobacco Substitutes [Value-Wise; FY 2013 - FY 2016-2017 (Apr-Dec)]
Slide 16 - Export of Tobacco and Manufactured Tobacco Substitutes - Region-Wise Segmentation (Value-Wise: FY 2015 and FY 2016) and Import of Tobacco and Manufactured Tobacco Substitutes - Region-Wise Segmentation (Value-Wise: FY 2015 and FY 2016)
Slide 17 - Export of Tobacco and Manufactured Tobacco Substitutes - Product-Wise Segmentation (Value-Wise: FY 2015 and FY 2016) and Import of Tobacco and Manufactured Tobacco Substitutes - Product-Wise Segmentation (Value-Wise: FY 2015 and FY 2016)
Slide 18 - EXIM HS Code Description
Slide 19: Market Drivers
Slide 20: Market Challenges
Slide 21: Challenges- Industry Issues Regarding Taxation
Slide 22: List of Major Players
Slide 23-42: Profiles of Major Players
Slide 43: Key Recent Developments
Slide 44: Research Methodology
1. Ashok and Company Pan Bahar Ltd.
2. Godfrey Phillips India Ltd.
3. Golden Tobacco Company Ltd.
4. ITC Ltd.
5. National Tobacco Company of India Ltd.
6. Pataka Industries Private Ltd.
7. Sinnar Bidi Udyog Ltd.
8. VST Industries Ltd.