An integrated case management approach across the continuum of care at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center has improved the quality of care for patients while also having positive impacts on clinical metrics for this specialty hospital.
During Integrated Case Management: A New Approach to Transition Planning, a 45-minute webinar on August 10th, now available for replay, Laura Ostrowsky, director, case management at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSKCC), details how MSKCC uses a team-based case management model that follows patients as they transition across the health system.
- How MSKCC's case management model follows the four "C's" of case management...collaboration, communication, coordination, and consistency...to improve care;
- When and how patients are assessed for case management referral;
- The importance of incorporating case managers as part of the practice care team by rounding with the team and participating in daily huddles to improve communication;
- How MSKCC has increased timely referrals to hospice and palliative care for patients who want to maximize the quality of end of life care;
- The impact of MSKCC's integrated case management approach on key clinical indicators, including hospice length of stay and identification of post-acute care needs; and
- How MSKCC uses case management extenders as support personnel to enable case managers to practice at the top of their licensure.
Have questions on our webinar formats?
You can attend this program right in your office and enjoy significant savings—no travel time or hassle; no hotel expenses. It's so convenient! Invite your staff members to gather around a conference table to listen to the conference.
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM THIS CONFERENCE?
Presidents, CEOs, medical directors, quality improvement executives, physician executives, case management and care professionals, medical management executives and strategic planning directors and consultants.