Understanding the factors that cause patient disengagement is a crucial first step in improving engagement rates, critical in today's accountable healthcare systems.
Drilling into the customer comments from its Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS®) survey helped PinnacleHealth System frame the components of its patient engagement strategy...targeting patients with gaps in care and providing information and education to clinicians throughout the system on their role in increasing engagement rates.
During A Two-Pronged Patient Engagement Strategy: Closing Gaps in Care and Coaching Clinicians, a 45-minute webinar on August 17th, now available for replay, Kathryn Shradley, director of population health, PinnacleHealth System, shares her organization's patient engagement framework, including its two-pronged approach to increase engagement rates across the health system.
- How PinnacleHealth System incorporates health maintenance outreach, health coaching for non-engaged patients and its 24-hour nurse line to improve engagement rates;
- About the critical role of a patient engagement coach who trains clinicians on how they can help improve patient engagement through the use of a communication rubric and role-model teach back with distinct questions to ask patients to promote patient engagement;
- How scripting on health literacy and shared decision-making topics on the practice and corporate level can impact patient engagement;
- The key elements of PinnacleHealth's patient engagement initiative targeted at non-engaged diabetic patients, the impact of this strategy and the next disease state target; and
- How PinnacleHealth's patient engagement strategy has impacted its CAHPS® survey, CAHPS® Clinician & Group Survey and Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems results and clinical indicators, including A1C levels.
You can attend this program right in your office and enjoy significant savings—no travel time or hassle; no hotel expenses. It's so convenient! Invite your staff members to gather around a conference table to listen to the conference.
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM THIS CONFERENCE?
Presidents, CEOs, medical directors, quality improvement executives, physician executives, patient engagement professionals, case managers, care coordinators, health coaches and strategic planning directors and consultants.