Sensor TechVision Opportunity Engine (TOE) captures global sensor-related innovations and developments on a weekly basis. Innovations are directed toward developing smart and intelligent sensors with functionalities beyond sensing. Research focus areas include: low power sensors (energy harvesting), industrial automation sensors (M2M, vision sensor), ubiquitous sensor (WSN, sensor fusion), smart sensors (wearables, quantified self), high sensitivity and smaller size (MEMS, nanosensors), and improved security (CBRNE, terahertz).
The need for low power, smaller, lighter sensors with enhanced performance attributes and minimal false alarms is driving innovations in the sensors space. The Sensors and Instrumentation cluster covers innovations pertaining to technologies such as wireless sensors and networks, energy harvesting, haptics and touch, MEMS and nanosensors, Terahertz, ubiquitous/smart sensors, CBRNE, quantified-self, sensor fusion, M2M communications, and drones.
- A Novel, Low-cost Non-lithographic Nanosensor Fabrication Method
- Nano Electrochemical Sensor for Detecting Antioxidants in Food
- Wearable Chemical Sensor Device to Monitor Sweat Secretion
- Advanced Radar Sensor Platform Using Metamaterials for Drone Vision
- Smart Glove to Enhance Rehabilitation for Stroke Patients
- Industry Contacts