"Super League In-Depth Analysis: HSBC Private Bank 2017", is a comprehensive analysis of HSBC’s private bank operations. It offers insight into the company’s strategy, financial results, marketing activities, customer targeting, and product innovation.
Headquartered in London, HSBC Holdings is a global universal bank. HSBC Private Bank is a brand used by its Global Private Banking division that caters to individuals with more than $5m (or local currency equivalent) in assets. Some wealth management operations are also run within HSBC’s Retail Banking and Wealth Management business.
The report includes:
- Insight into HSBC Private Bank’s growth strategy.
- Overview of the firm’s organizational structure.
- Clear presentation of its geographical coverage and expansion strategy.
- Analysis of the firm’s financial performance, including comparison with other global wealth managers.
- Examination of key target client groups.
- Analysis of HSBC Private Bank’s product and service proposition and how it is unique compared to those of its competitors.
- Review of HSBC Private Bank’s marketing and social media activities.
- HSBC Private Bank aims to be the private bank of choice for wealthy clients already banking with HSBC divisions, particularly entrepreneurs and family business owners.
- HSBC is withdrawing from non-core markets, focusing on selected hubs in Europe and Asia Pacific.
- In light of regulatory scrutiny and cost inefficiencies, HSBC Private Bank is dedicated to reducing staff numbers and operations in key markets.
- HSBC Private Bank’s assets under management (AUM) decreased for the fourth consecutive year in 2016, reflecting the company’s divestment activities. Net new money dropped into the red, down from £1bn in 2015.
- Examine the financial performance and key ratios for HSBC Private Bank and benchmark this competitor against other global wealth managers.
- Explore HSBC Private Bank’s geographical positioning and growth strategy.
- Understand HSBC Private Bank’s client targeting strategies and examine whether these have been successful.
- Learn more about HSBC Private Bank’s marketing strategy, social media presence, and digital innovations.