To prepare for the next generation of telecoms, service providers will need to invest in digital-ready IT systems, particularly business support systems (BSS). This report takes a look at the current state of business support systems and the future of the telecoms industry, and assesses what the digital BSS should look like in the next generation of telecoms.
As next-generation technologies such as 5G, artificial intelligence, IoT, NFV, and others emerge, CSPs will need to invest in preparing the BSS to support and monetize these new technologies.
Features and benefits:
- Understand how emerging technologies will impact telco BSS.
- Learn how telcos can prepare to transition to a digital-ready BSS.
- What capabilities should CSPs search for in a digital-ready BSS?
- How can vendors best position themselves to win BSS contracts in the digital age?
- Publisher's view
- Key messages
- Recommendations for CSPs
- Recommendations for vendors
- New business models require new support systems
- The current state of the BSS leaves much to be desired
- Digital service providers (DSPs) will need to balance multiple business models in the digital economy
- CSPs must prepare the BSS for emerging technologies
- The seven characteristics of a digital business support system
- Creating a roadmap to the future
- CSPs will look toward vendors to lead the way to digital
- The digital ecosystem is anyone's game
- Digital-ready BSS is still emerging but several vendors are leading the way