Each year, the author provides a detailed assessment of the technology initiatives contained in the Australian federal budget. Our forensic analysis has produced details of some 30 initiatives of interest to ICT vendors and government agencies.
Modernization and transformation are clearly on the government's agenda. The Public Service Modernization Fund leads the way, with a clutch of other initiatives aimed at driving change and better government outcomes.
Regional development and cities policy will be an increasing focus for the government. In this federal budget, the government has set aside money for strategy development and for better focusing regional infrastructure investment.
Security will be a big focus for the government in 2016-17. This will include cross-government initiatives in cybersecurity as well as undisclosed new funding for national security organizations.
Features and benefits:
- Assesses opportunities and initiatives funded for the coming financial year.
- Understand government policy priorities for ICT.
- Publisher's view
- Key messages
- Recommendations for enterprises
- Recommendations for vendors
- Notes to consider
- Cross portfolio
- Attorney General's
- Communications and the Arts
- Education and Training
- Environment and Energy
- Foreign Affairs and Trade
- Immigration and Border Protection
- Industry, Innovation and Science
- Infrastructure and Regional Development
- Prime Minister and Cabinet
- Social Services