Huawei will be an enabler and driver of its customers' IoT ambitions, regardless of what those ambitions might be. This is a strategy that is not going to get anyone jumping out of their seats, but it is a considered and sound approach in the face of a hyped-up IoT market.
In April 2017, Chinese conglomerate Huawei provided an update of its IoT strategy at its annual analyst summit (HAS2017) in Shenzhen, as well as making it clear what it will not attempt to do in the IoT.
Features and benefits:
- Learn about Huawei's IoT strategy
- Discover what IoT activities Huawei is focusing on
- What is Huawei current IoT strategy?
- How is Huawei helping its partners and MNO customers meet their IoT needs?
- Huawei makes choices on what it will and will not do in IoT
- OceanConnect IoT platform and Boudica NB-IoT chipset is the differentiator for Huawei's IoT strategy
- IoT devices have no place in Huawei's plan
- Huawei will not offer IoT application development or end-to-end integration
- Huawei remains cool-headed despite a hyped-up IoT market
- Further reading