The IoT Service Provider Contract Tracker is an Excel spreadsheet that logs, classifies, and details over 700 publicly announced IoT service deployments delivered by communications service providers to enterprises. The information ranges from 2009, to the end of the last complete quarter prior to publication (i.e., 1Q17).
The number of IoT service deployments by communications companies is increasing every quarter, a sure sign they are gaining credibility and trust in IoT. This is also validation of the fundamental utility of connectivity as a critical platform for building IoT value.
Publicly announced deals represent a proportion of all deployments. However, the deals captured herein provide a fully representative cross section of the IoT market and its development across 15 application and 11 industry verticals.
The tracker illustrates how the market is changing in terms of geographical scope, applications supported, and service components delivered. Importantly, it also demonstrates which telecommunications companies are becoming dominant in the IoT market.
Features and benefits:
- Logs, classifies, and describes IoT contract awards by service provider, customer, application vertical, customer industry vertical, and date, from 2009 to the end of 1Q17.
- Provides charts and tables for visual aggregation and roll-up analysis of contract awards by service provider, and vertical markets, as well as providing individual service provider vertical interest profiles.
- What IoT contracts were awarded this quarter?
- Which new application use cases are emerging?
- Which service providers are announcing most IoT deals?
- Which industry verticals are showing most growth?
- How has the IoT contract market changed over time?