Norwegian authors' society TONO described last year's performance as good, although it failed to repeat the record-breaking royalty collections of 2015.
TONO described last year's performance as good due to the fact that new licensing agreements and back payments overly inflated collections in 2015, making a year-on-year performance comparison not strictly accurate.
Features and benefits:
- The research note details the 2016 royalty collection financials published by Norwegian collection society TONO.
- The note examines which royalty sectors registered the most positive performance.
- What share of royalty collections in Norway come from digital sources?
- Why did digital collections go down in 2016 compared with 2015?
- TONO reports collection and distribution decline
- Broadcasting the domestic collection leader
- Digital collections down, but the underlying trend is for growth