"Artificial Intelligence (AI) everywhere" was the central theme of Google's annual I/O developer conference held May 17-19, 2017, in San Francisco, California. This report provides rival platform owners, service providers, and technology vendors with an analysis of the content and implications of Google's main announcements at the event.
Analysis examining plans to extend and enhance its AI capabilities across devices, applications, and features, with its "smart seeing" Lens being the standout announcement.
Features and benefits:
- Learn about the most important announcements made by Google at I/O.
- Understand the implications of Google's moves on the wider consumer landscape.
- Google Assistant: Getting smarter and muscling in on Siri
- Lens demonstrates the power of "smart seeing"
- Google plays catch-up in the smart home space
- Google pushes deeper into contextual communications
- Google's Android Go fixes the problems Facebook's Free Basics faced
- Google announces dedicated portable VR headsets
- Google AMP Ads aims to be the de-facto internet ad standard
- YouTube misses a key opportunity to reassure wary advertisers and creators