In March 2017, the author attended the Smart IoT London conference and exhibition. This research note summarizes the author's view on the key themes from the event which were collaboration, partnerships, and innovative business models.
- Provides insight onto the key themes from the conference.
- Provides analysis of key messages conveyed by public sector and vendor presentations.
- Identifies key strategic advice for smart city project managers
- What were the key themes at the Smart LondonIoT conference?
- Who provided case study analysis to support key messages?
- What are the publisher's views on smart city strategies?
- Collaboration is key for success
- A window of opportunity remains for niche specialists
- Bottom-up or top-down does not matter – just do it early, do it often, and (if required) fail fast
- New business models are needed to drive smart cities development
- Business plans must quantify indirect benefits as part of the return on investment
- Further reading