This promises clear benefits from integration with what it already has in its arsenal, such as sandboxing and reputation scoring.
There is also the potential for Symantec not only to strengthen its own offering in the secure web gateway (SWG) market with the Fireglass product, but also to complement those of its competitors and enable it to penetrate their accounts.
Features and benefits:
- Explains how isolation technology works.
- Explains why it is important as a new approach to cybersecurity.
- How was Fireglass offering this technology prior to its acquisition?
- How will this change under Symantec?
- Isolation is an innovative approach for securing users, data and infrastructure
- The combination of isolation and other Symantec technologies will be even more powerful
- Fireglass should also allow Symantec into competitors’ SWG accounts
- Further reading