This report addresses the aggregate of all equipment, services, and software sold by tech vendors to CSPs. In total, we track over 100 vendors, with sales to the CSP market of $203bn in 2016, down 1% YoY.
- Market concentration increased slightly in 2016: the Nokia-ALU merger caused the top three vendors to account for 44% of the global market in 2016, up from 36% in 2015.
- China-based vendors accounted for about 32% of global vendor revenues to the CSP vertical in 2016, versus 31% for US-based vendors.
- Between 20% and 40% of vendor revenues are paid for out of CSPs’ operating (opex) budgets.
- Assesses the overall landscape of vendors selling to CSPs.
- Analyzes recent market growth and vendor share shifts.
- Reviews the top 10 vendors and their recent results.
- Discusses the outlook for CSP spending.
- How much do CSPs spend on their technology vendors?
- Who are the primary vendors to CSPs? How concentrated is the market, and how is that changing?
- How much of CSPs' total opex/capex will reach tech vendors?
- Who are the smaller vendors in the market, and how are they growing?
- What is the role of M&A in the vendor market?
- In brief
- Publisher's view
- As a percent of total CSP tech spending, revenues grew slightly
- Another market with a long tail: 89 vendors share 20% share
- Huawei sales growth stands out… still
- Top-line forecast for CSP capex is on track
- Company list
- Further reading