Business and politics are intrinsically linked in Latin America. To understand one, you must understand the other. Clients are served in over 1,000 companies, NGOs and government agencies operating in the mining, energy and infrastructure businesses throughout Latin America.
Depending on who is in power, projects in these sectors can be accelerated, delayed, turned into key government initiatives, or get buried by new political circumstances. Our clients demand insight that will alert them to these possibilities, and in light of this a new monthly Intelligence Series report has been created on Latin American political risk.
The aim of the report is to track and put into perspective all political news that impacts the real economy (as opposed to the part of the economy concerned with buying and selling on the financial markets) in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Peru.
This report is part of a larger transformation of our political and macro coverage. Based on feedback from our clients, we are developing new ways of tracking the economic implications of political events, with the aim of helping our readers get the big picture so they might anticipate risks and structural changes in the countries in which they operate.
Our group of reporters and analysts across Latin America, our 20-plus years of experience in the sectors we cover, and the knowledge and insight we have accumulated as professionals in the real economy provide us with the best possible skillset to take on this task.
Elections are a crucial part of this picture - between now and the end of next year, elections will be held in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, and Mexico. We will provide clarity in the simplest possible manner about what to expect for the current government, and what to expect in the next, with precise details on candidates, platforms, the actual vote, the handover of power, and everything in-between.
We believe the world has entered an uncertain time in which businesses and individuals require clear, on-the-ground and continued examination of current events to understand what the various risks to economic activity are.
3. Latam Risk Scorecard and Podcast
Chile: Jumpstarting Growth Central Campaign Theme
Argentina: The Macri Reform Agenda and the Legislative Test
Mexico: Measuring the Trump Effect
Brazil: Glimpses of Hope Amid the Chaos
Colombia: Life after Santos
Peru: PPK's Complex Undertaking
4. Latin America: Figures
- Corporación Nacional del cobre de Chile
- Goldcorp Inc.
- Teck resources limited
- Compania Minera dona ines de collahuasi SCM
- Ente Nacional de Comunicaciones ENACOM
- International finance Corp IFC
- Inter-american Development Bank IDB
- Infraestructura energética Nova S.A.B. de C.V.
- Altos Hornos de México S.A.B. de C.V.
- First Majestic del Toro S.A. de C.V.
- Primero Mining Corp.
- Furnas Centrais Eletricas S.A. Eletrobras
- Banco de la República de Colombia
- International Monetary Fund
- Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe
- Odebrecht S.A.
- Southern Copper Corporation
- Compania Minera Antamina S.A.
- Glencore PLC
- Compania Minera Antapaccay S.A.
- Pan American Silver Corp.
- Compania de Minas Buenaventura SAA
- Minsur S.A.
- Volcan Compania Minera S.A.A.
- Compania Minera Milpo S.A.A.
- Compania Minera Raura
- Mitsui Co LTD
- Freeport Macmoran
- Sociedad Minera Cerro Verde S.A.A.
- Votorantim Metais Ltda