"Cigarettes in Malta, 2017", is an analytical report that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Maltese market. The report analyzes the market size and structure, on both an overall and per capita basis, based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise. Key companies and consumer trends are also analyzed.
The Maltese cigarette market is the smallest in Western Europe. This partly reflects the country's small population, government anti-tobacco policies, and the end of domestic cigarette production. However, tourism is helping maintain reasonable cigarette sales in the country as over 1.8 million tourists visit Malta every year. Nevertheless, cigarette sales in the country are still significantly lower in 2016 than in 1990 because of the effectiveness of high tax rates and strong anti-smoking laws that have discouraged locals from smoking in recent years.
- Cigarette volumes have decreased to only 481 million pieces, as of 2016.
- BAT Malta is the largest cigarette company with over two thirds of the market.
- Cigarette consumption is 19.2% down, as of 2016, from 1990 levels.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
2. Market Size
3. Market Structure
4. Manufacturers & Brands
5. Taxation & Retail Prices
5.2. Retail Prices
6. The Smoking Population
7. Production & Trade
8. Operating constraints
8.1. Advertising Restrictions
8.2. Packaging Restrictions/Health Warnings
8.3. Other Restrictions
9. Company Profiles
10. Prospects & Forecasts
11.1. What is this Report About?
11.2. Time Frame
11.3. Product Category Coverage
List of Tables
Table 1: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2016
Table 2: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2016
Table 3: Manufacturer Sales & Market Shares, 2000-2016, Million Pieces
Table 4: Manufacturer Sales & Market Shares, 2000-2016, Percentage Shares (%)
Table 5: EU Countries, Tax Incidence Comparison, 2016
Table 6: Retail Prices in Malta by Brand, Euros, 2016
Table 7: Smoking Population, 1990-2016
Table 8: Distribution of Smokers by Sex and Age Group, 2007
Table 9: Cigarette Production, 1990-2007
Table 10: Cigarette Imports, 1990-2016
Table11: Imports by Country of Origin, 2000-2016, Million Pieces
Table12: Imports by Country of Origin, 2000-2016, Percentage Share (%)
Table 13: Cigarette Exports 1990-2016
Table 14: Exports by country of Destination, 2004-2013, Million Pieces
Table 15: Company profile: BAT Malta
Table 19: Consumption Forecasts to 2026
List of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology