"Cigarettes in Trinidad & Tobago, 2017", is an analytical report that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the market. The report analyzes the market size and structure, on both an overall and per capita basis, based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise. Key companies and consumer trends are also analyzed.
Trinidad & Tobago is a Caribbean island nation with a population of around 1.2 million. Oil and gas reserves have historically generated strong economic growth although recently the economy has been hit by low global commodity prices.Tourism is also important in Tobago and the islands have earned a reputation as an investment site for international businesses. However, the country is a comparatively small and declining cigarette market, with sales of 1.2 billion pieces in 2016.
- Per capita consumption stood at 959 pieces in 2016. They have more than doubled since 1990 although recently have been falling back.
- The West Indian Tobacco Co (WITCO) is the only manufacturer in the country.
- 1.2 billion cigarettes were consumed in 2016; 70.3% more than in 1990.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
2. Market Size
3. Market Structure
4. Manufacturers & Brands
5. Taxation & Retail Prices
5.2. Retail Prices
6. The Smoking Population
7. Production and Trade
8. Operating Constraints
8.1. Advertising Restrictions
8.2. Health Warnings
8.3. Other Restrictions
9. Company Profiles
10. Prospects & Forecasts
11.1. What is this Report About?
11.2. Time Frame
11.3. Product Category Coverage
List of Tables
Table 1: Cigarette Consumption , 1990-2016
Table 2: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2016
Table 3: Market Breakdown: Domestic v Imported Products, 2000-2015, Million Pieces
Table 4: Market Breakdown: Domestic v Imported Products, 2000-2015, % of Total
Table 5: WITCO brands by segment, 2016
Table 6: Manufacturer Sales & Market Shares, 2000-2016, Million pieces
Table 7: Manufacturer Sales & Market Shares, 2000-2016, % of Total
Table 8: Retail Prices: Selected Brands, 2007-2011, TT$ and US$ Pack
Table 9: Retail Prices: Selected Brands, 2013 & 2014, TT$ and US$ Pack
Table 10: Smoking Population, 1990-2016
Table 11: Cigarette Production, 1990-2015, Million Pieces
Table 12: Cigarette Imports, 1990-2016
Table 13: Imports by Country of Origin, 2003-2016, Million Pieces
Table 14: Imports by Country of Origin, 2003 - 2016, % of Total
Table 15: Cigarette Exports 1990-2015
Table 16: Exports by Country of Destination, Million Pieces, 2000-2015
Table 17: Exports by Country of Destination, 2000-2015, % of Total
Table 18: Company profile: West Indian Tobacco Company Ltd (WITCO)
Table 19: Consumption Forecasts to 2026
List of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology